Your Setups (Part 1)

This is awesome. I love Bitwig but always want a more tactile experience with it, but whenever I add something, suddenly I have power cords, data cords etc.
How well does oxi one interface with BW?

1 Like

It works great, it’s pretty straightforward and it’s a damn good sequencer. It’s not a controller though, “only” a sequencer, so for me the missing piece of the puzzle was the Midi Fighter Twister, especially with the amazing Twister Sister script. When I use both with Bitwig, I have all the interaction, the tweakability and the control I need. That’s why I see this like the Elektron workflow on steroids and that’s also why I might sell some gear in the near future, including the DN (I might keep the OT though), because I realised I don’t need so much and it feels like the ultimate setup for me.

2 Likes

Ooh I like this! Currently looking for some cable/adapter organization inspiration and I happen to have this exact Ikea unit…

1 Like

I am welcoming new Heat+FX to my setup and needed to modify my custom stand for A4, DN and now AH+fx.

31 Likes

My studio is completely different now since 2021 but the Ikea drawer unit is still here :slight_smile:
Great for smaller cables, adapters, chargers, guitar pedals etc.

54 Likes

What other organizational innovations do you have? Thinking of starting a thread…

1 Like

Temporary setup for an afternoon bbq blasting some kicks and blips.
Was pretty nice actually to mix standing, having beers and chatting around as it goes.

19 Likes

I’ve never felt more certain that I need an oversized hanging monochrome nature photo banner as a backdrop for my gear than I am at this very moment, so thanks for that.

can I assume that this is a xylophone and not a vibraphone? looks to be made of wood by coloration.

13 Likes

What is that marimba? I’ve never seen one with such a flat layout and thin bars. I’d love to hear it if you have any recordings.

1 Like

It’s Malletech vibraphone with red (metal) bars.

Here are some examples of vibes + synths:

2 Likes

How did you get into my apartment?!

4 Likes

12 Likes

Is the console for personal mixes or do you have a side gig doing soundman/live sound work?

1 Like

Personal mixes. I know it is a bit overspecced…

It is not wired in at the moment though. Snakes to do so again are underway. New desk (for computer, no mixer) arrives tomorrow, so my old desk can be used to place my console at a normal working height… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

yeah dude, I even try and walk in an angled attic room and my face is up against the wall in no time, or at least it feels like the room is caving in. you’ve got nerves of steel.

everything looks awesome though, good luck with your new desk!

2 Likes

2002? If only my cables were so young and fit in such a dainty little tray.

1 Like

always fancied doing this (perhaps in Swanage) but i know my family would just piss and moan about it and i’d fuck up the food. envious!

Very cool! Love your stuff.

1 Like

The mixers are vicious, at the beginning of the honeymoon they seem perfect then as time passes tracks are missing… You are on the right track in my opinion (I envy you).

2 Likes