Your Setups (Part 1)

I went to college in Southern California from 1998-2006.
This is a terrifyingly accurate portrayal of my classmates…

3 Likes

Been trying to let go of things that I am not using but difficult to let go of gear haha

Keep:

Monomachine +
Machinedrum SPS 1UW+
Rytm MKII
Octatrack AE
OP-1 F
M8
TX-6 Mixer
(FX - Mood II LE, Gen II LE, CXM1978, AxeFX III)

OUT

Maschine+
Syntakt
0-Coast
0-CTRL

Pondering ditching the Digitone Keys for an analogue keys Synth (however also needs to do MIDI keyboard duties) - Good idea??

2 Likes

Got a new patchbay and finally could connect all my boxes together. I was missing out on being able to quickly route things around, so much more convenient!

The Launchpad pro runs my own custom firmware, it mirrors the midi messages sent by the OT but can also work as a standalone keyboard and is able to distribute MIDI through several channels, making the DT into a polyphonic sampler. Since it’s connected to the computer via USB it can also be used for CC mapping parameters on the DAW.

16 Likes

Hey @badd10de I’m very interested in your custom launchpad firmware - is this something you’d be willing to share please(all risks my own of course!)? I’d be interested in using it / dissecting it / reworking it for use with a volca drum for similar polyphonic / multi midi channel stuff. No pressure of course it’s totally up to you!

Lovin’ the Drexciya poster. :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Yes of course! It’s available here: Launchpad Pro Polyphony Maker by BD

You can get it for free, but donations are also appreciated :slight_smile:

The demo video for v1 is pretty old and was recorded without an script. That version only shows the pass-through mode, but v2 added fader pages and the piano. For a demo on the keyboard you can take a look at this vid:

Not many people using this CF at the moment so if you decide to try it please let me know if any bugs pop up.

2 Likes

Legend! Thanks very much - I’ll certainly let you know of any bugs and will share my custom version back to you if / when I make one.

1 Like

set my mac mini on the wall as a workstation to free clutter around my desk in the studio. mac mini with owc mini server hard drives and dvd Bruner drive and my sound devices mix pre 6 recorder. also a station to charge my iphone and a holder Fo my remote control.

17 Likes

Looks mental!

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Looks a bit like something off a Red Dwarf set

7 Likes

I’d be worried about it overheating, with the air vents blocked like that.

59 Likes

Lovely space! Killer gear selection as well.

What are you using for monitoring?

This room is giving me some serious Venus theory vibes here.

But anyway this looks like a really fun and interesting setup. I’m guessing you just use headphones or something?

6 Likes

exuast vent holes are done at all angles. cant be seen but they are. no overheating issue

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

For the time yeah. It’d be really hard to get the room sound treated given the layout.

1 Like

Freshly reorganized Jaspers stand and cabling. Feels really good!

My liveset ‘coffin’ case sits in the bottom keyboard rack, which normally also holds everything in the lower two rows plus the H9 and Boum. Tr8s is usually on a separate laptop stand during performances.

Centralized power, midi, USB, and patchbay means things are always connected and ready for rerouting physically or virtually.

Newest members of the crew are the Nord A1r, Microfreak, and Tascam Model 16, which along with the Midronome helps with multitracking ‘to tape’. Nice to commit things and have everything warped together; jittery USB midi sync + multitracking into one stereo input and then warping all the resulting mess was absolutely killing my flow.

Next up - a pneumatic vesa arm to hold my laptop above the mixer.

13 Likes

Hello everybody!!
I missed interacting with you guys so I decided to return earlier than I initially planned.

My NGNY tanked a lot lol. :slight_smile:
Sold some synths and recently got myself a MM 112 RP 65w amp, the Technics U-60 organ and the Waldorf M.

The M goes through the Stymon Deco and it is a match made in heaven.
I got the M a few days ago and I’m blown away by it. Such a rad synth.

34 Likes