Your Setups (Part 1)

I think we’re gonna need to know a bit more about that puppy…

Your family looks adorable. Congrats :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

True story: had to put our old girl Montana down a month ago :cry:. My wife had been wanting a puppy for months but I was against it. Meanwhile, I had been wanting to get an OT for months…. So we made a deal. Compromise is the secret to healthy relationships. And puppies too

12 Likes

As someone who has had both an Octatrack and a puppy, believe me when I say I get it :slight_smile:

And sorry for your loss, I know that pain too. Lost my best bud a few years ago and I still feel the pain of it every day. Hope the new pup helps ease the loss.

Back on topic— some day I’ll post a pic of my desk but it’s usually a mess and flurry of whatever is occupying my attention that week. It changes like the weather. :kissing_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Alpha Base is the the house! (Won’t be using any House kits however…)

Impressive so far. Thanks @RhythmDroid for making it happen :+1:

23 Likes

Most of my posts here are rearrangements of essentially the same kit. Oh well.

I did sell quite a bit of stuff though, and put some of the funds toward the 1010 duo for trying out separating studio activities.

Tabletop is for the main writing and recording sessions:

Will probably shove all the cables in a basket under the desk eventually.

Rack and mobile IO cart for, besides pretending I’m a badass keys player, sampling and processing:

I should still pare down on synths, and almost sold the Nord and Yamaha, but just can’t seem to let go of them.

Also, big thanks @Scot_Solida for the 12R, I’m digging it.

13 Likes

howd you get a non-yellow screen on your digitakt?

Screen is yellow, it’s just a light effect I guess. I wish we could buy easily swappable white screens from elektron…

1 Like

30 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: for decor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also arrived today: a second DeskStarz stand. These are honestly the most solid gear stands I’ve ever used, up there with Fraction Industries offerings but height adjustable. It’s a shame that both companies are no longer…

17 Likes

yeh, i wanna monochrome all my boxes. i actually bought the octatrack black track buttons to replace the colorful buttons on my digitone…

1 Like

Cool, where did you get the buttons?

You can order them direct from Elektron. Contact customer support.

2 Likes

Actually small setup to play

9 Likes

I had a rearrange yesterday and I’m reyt happy with the results:

All the things in the flight cases on the desk are powered with battery packs, it’s all rigged up to be modular. So I can just pick up my groove box board or my Vocal/DJ board, play em anywhere, then get back and they just plug straightback into everything else. Basically I take those to cases and my laptop and I can produce music anywhere of grid. :blush:

16 Likes

26 Likes

setup update put a rigid hardware case with my a new eventide h-90 pedal and Conductive Labs MRCC along 1010music blubox and blackbox and more drumpads

14 Likes

@Wick This is so rad. Ingenious design and endless opportunity. Are you using sticks or hands? Or both?

@Akio_Daku, I love how you have the laptop on the wall, those speakers are massive, and your portable DJ rig is adorable. Looks like a truly inviting space.

@looms, so much yes in this room.

2 Likes

What a cool setup!

3 Likes

thanks Its a cool setup.everything is setup in a drum rack and cymbal stands everything is floating. it inspired you instally and do stuff on the fly.I use mostly drumsticks but I can use my hands it depends on the trigger sensitivity.

1 Like