Your Profile Picture - The story behind

Found a tacyons+ picture on the net. Great circuit bending company based in California. Video synths are where it’s at!

Lovely thread! :slight_smile: I released a LP of ambient/dubish stuff last year, and spent a lot of time obsessing over the cover image, as I had absolutely no visual ideas connected to the music. Then one day at work I noticed how foggy it was outside, and it struck me how the view from my office looked exactly like the music sounded. My profile is the picture I snapped (inverted in Photoshop, just because.) My friend who is a professionel photographer took a far superior foggy photo which we used instead, and everyone I show the cover to says it looks like a black metal album.

2 Likes

Such a perfect movie!

Just perfect! :slight_smile: I’ve actually been re-reading the whole of the series over xmass. A total classic!

completely right!! sadly there is no resurrection of that guy but who knows

1 Like

Similarly, mine is stolen from the awesome Cowboy Bebop, a show I had a hard time watching years ago, but now holds a small place in my heart!

9 Likes

I could stare at that pic all day. Those teeth are just beautiful.

2 Likes

I changed mine, before taking a break from the forum, to reflect what I saw as unnecessarily strict control over freedom of speech.

And he’s wearing cans. Hehe/ lol etc.

2 Likes

Mine is just a Prophet 6, which remains my favorite synth ever.

2 Likes

Mine is a green field with a white letter “K” get it? Because my name is knobgoblin :sunglasses:
Took me forever to find it!

3 Likes

I remember this scene! while I was watching it I thought it would be nice as a vj loop, never did anything with it though :confounded:
amazing show

1 Like

My daughter, who is eight, got her first handpan/cupola just recently and she wanted to have a cat engraved on the instrument. I drew a cat face and discussed the idea with the instrument builder, but unfortunately the engraving technique wasn’t good for this picture. It was the first image I found on my Mac when signed to the forums and there it is.

2 Likes

Left bar on my avatar is an L.
I wanted something readable on so few pixels…
Got this idea in mind and had to do it with Gimp. It was not that easy…

2 Likes

For me i choose an ocean gift
I live next to the ocean and
he is so fascinating

1 Like

i picked up forsaken a few weeks back since i got tired of bungie doing their formula; presents the product, half of it is there at launch, they update and improve with each expansion, rinse and repeat :rofl:
it’s polished and all yet they don’t make it as good as possible by choice. but i’m ok with it until anthem gets released

My profile pic is a rendering of a case I was planning to make for my modular synth.

2 Likes

Taken from my favorite coffee mug made by local potter:

http://daviesceramics.co.uk/

I call it Cup Cat

2 Likes

Mine is a vector of myself designed by my wife. It is actually the cover of my first album, which is called Realize Lasting Purpose (RLP which are my initials, all words have 7 letters just like my real name, and all the 7 tracks of this album). I decided to put my face on the cover of my first album to break free of my own introverted tendencies.
I then changed the color to suit the theme of my latest album, and I like how slightly evil it looks now.
Suits my username here.

4 Likes

Montreal :+1:

1 Like

Great documentary although it does paint James as a bit of a tit who just uses people for his own gain.
When you look back at the press photos from the first UNKLE album you can see the daggers in DJ Shadows eyes.

2 Likes