Your politicians ... isn´t it so much fun?

Didnt Trump also recently admitted in an Interview that the military Industrial complex dictates him his foreign politics?

not true. a nation are people that think they are a nation. the borders are war related a lot. i´m south german and feel more related to north austrians than to north germans…
anyway, lot´s of other nations here in my neighbourhood in the borders of so called germany.

A Nation is a group of people within a certain territory, therefore the borders can help decide that territory specifically, whether required or not. Left unchecked, a lack of borders can lead to unforseen consequences to the nation’s infrastructure and basic services.

To your point, yes borders are related to war, but many have been established for so many years they’re probably not going anywhere.

1 Like

… like elektronauts on elektronauts.com ? lol

Yeah, if I head over to Gearslutz, they might not take too kindly to me.

1 Like

If muffwigglers goes down i say we build a firewall.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Long live the Kingdom of Elgaland-Vargaland! Hail NSK!

Hey I think one of the underlying points of friction in politics is that religions are coming unraveled. In order to go to heaven first you must die. But there’s a whole lot of us not dead on this planet trying to figure out how to do something, feel happy, and make it all work. Drugs wear off and everyone knows the next piece of music gear, job promotion, kid, or new girlfriend isn’t actually what they are ultimately after so it’s a bit of an existential crisis. We keep busy with it but it’s a little game to kill time and energy.

Politically we aren’t at a point yet where very many people can debate isssues and have it lead to solutions… in America it’s more like a contest of dominance, making the other person look like a fool, or telling lies to falsely characterize someone’s views. I wish for a time soon when it’s not the party or side that competes for a vote. Instead whatever makes the most sense should get the vote no matter who it comes from. (Late night rant guys forgive me)

I watch ‘swilliamism’ youtube channel, …can be fun

Farage, Salvini, Orban and La Pen. A pattern emerges.

Same in Belgium yesterday…

Greens winning big too is significant. Centrists lost. These aren’t the times for half-assed approaches. All in or nothing.

2 Likes

There was a tweet this morning from someone in the Brexit Party that set me off today. Was an image of the UK showing voting patterns. Vast majority of England and Wales was Brexit blue while Scotland was a pretty much entirely SNP yellow. The caption read something like “the people of the UK have spoken and the UK a sea of Brexit blue”.

Perhaps churlish of me to say, but that’s the sort of small minded and pig headed logic that makes you despair.

3 Likes

may god be with us

1 Like

Out of curiosity why do you say that?

Edit: Love your avatar btw.

don’t take this too seriously … it’s just … we had once a big green party … a mixture of radical feminists, militant environmentalists, social justice warriors … and so on

they just deconstructed themselves

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

They tend to do that don’t they.

I don’t think their positions are inherently wrong. I just think there’s a big difference between theory and practice. They still need a lot of the latter.

i know - in the past for the reason on certain topics i gave them my vote for national election

1 Like

I am all in for DIEM25. Boys…they have Pamela Anderson! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: