Your politicians ... isn´t it so much fun?

Ever heard of Skynet?

1 Like

Holy $@&! If that does happen (and I can totally see it) then they can have it. I’d be done with it.

1 Like

Can’t be any worse than what we have here in the U.S. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

It’s guaranteed to happen. Maybe not in our lifetime but as soon as A.I. surpasses humans in intelligence we’ll be governed by it.

If people accept a robot uprising and elect mechanical overlords I will eat my hat. I think dogs will gain true self awareness and lash back at our enslavement of their species before that happens

2 Likes

This right here is where it begins:

“Budget surpluses, payments mean New York debt clock is yesterday’s news”

So in true legacy media fashion, the author is either wholly ignorant or is being willfully deceptive. These are in fact 2 discrete issues. Debt and congressional budget are not the same thing, although they sure are frequently conflated by media people and those that govern. I would guess that 2/3 of Congress can’t make the distinction between fiscal and monetary policy and I base that on watching testimony.

By the way, I’m not being critical of you and I would also prefer that our government not run amuck like a bunch of drunk whores. This entire story, however, was a snow job so I figured I’d point it out.

Except it wasn’t. All they did was borrow a few hundred billion off balance sheet. Congress hid their borrowing instead of actually killing the deficit and they did so by raiding Social Security, thereby adding to the unfunded liabilities. Further, even with the off balance sheet borrowing, they still got no better than a deficit of $17.91 billion for fiscal year 2000. It must be nice to consider that a rounding error. Balanced it wasn’t.

I didn’t think you were being critical of me.
I see what you are saying about the shell game that was being played.

I still would have preferred that that paradigm continued until it was discovered by the population that a shell game was in fact occurring. I think a better national dialogue would have taken place than just openly going back to deficit spending and just sidelining the whole discussion.

In 2000, the only person who seemed upset by the Bush tax cuts was a Republican named Jim Jeffords, a Senator from Vermont.
He left the GOP and became an Independent, gave a great speech and everything.

In fact, it is safe to say that Jim Jeffords is my favorite Independent Senator to ever come from Vermont.

1 Like

Haha, too true. Technocracy is a resource grab plain and simple. While we the plebs will live in cute little green boxes stacked row upon row and high as the sky. But we should have excellent wi-fi… all the better to track us with… haha.

:-/

I think I heard that Joe Rogan interviewed some Alantic Council futurist meat monkey, sounded like the typical anti-human death cult knuckle draggin propaganda these globaloneys usually spout. A brave new world indeed!

I get all the depression on this thread, I used to be there as well. I don’t think it is necessarily a bad thing to feel the way you do, it may just be a “world view” dying; and you are working your way through the 5 stages of grief.

I think I’ve had 3 die on me now, gets easier by the 3rd one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s assuming that AI is programmed and licensed to govern. Many world leading economies have nuclear weapons but they are not used at the risk of the backlash that would come from it.

Politicians ultimately have the deciding vote in law and regulation. They are also above all, there to protect their own interests, so why would they agree to have impartial machines have more say in how we are governed when they do not even listen to scientists and other experts?

The way I see the biggest risk from AI is if it is weaponized to an extent that it can make its own decisions and wonders off the intended battle field. We’d have to use the nukes to stop em! Or more likely disable the satellites through which they communicate and then wait for their oil to need changing, then turn them to scrap.

Or torch the skies. 2nd Renaissance

You should read “This Perfect Day” -Ira Levin. AI doesn’t actually have to be real, they (whoever “they” is) just have to make us believe it’s real.

Also Bernardo Kastrup does a pretty good job of taking apart AI.

Annnnnnd, I think a distinction needs to be made between machine learning and AI. True AI would probably actually give two sh$ts about us. Movie: “Her”

I’m done, great thread! I thought this one would flame out way long ago.

2 Likes

Politicians here in America do the bidding of big money and super pacs. Is it inconceivable that say and AI bot makes a bundle in crypto currency then hire real humans to lobby on their behalf? That’ll be hilarious!!! I’m sure if AI was evolved enough it could easily infiltrate any government.

the Austrian politician was a leader of the popular right-wing party … beside the fact that he was talking dumb things … it is also a fact that this video has been made before election two years ago … now it has become handy to get rid of him and his party at a certain time… if this has been a product of a leftist mind or an associate of the left wing parties in Austria … they should go directly to hell as well - hand in hand with the right wing

regarding the youtuber … maybe this is the new generation of a movement, like the green-party in the 1980’s, to be honest --> great!!!

1 Like

I do find it interesting that the ibizagate video was filmed two years ago. Makes you wonder why it took this long to get out…

as i said, it come in handy when certain people need to be removed … in other words: a soft coup d’état via social media… i have no idea who is behind this

Well if it was just the “loony left” they’d have released it straight away.
This stinks of someone way more powerful.

I think the ‘bubble effect’ of the Internet is the worst thing to happen politically for a long long time.
People’s ability to discern reality is getting worse by the day. As is their ability to communicate and empathise with people from outside their bubble.
My job is moderating the comments for a conservative newspaper. They range from reasonable to batshit insane paranoia, but they are almost all willing to believe verifiably untrue things if the belief supports their opinions.
Likewise, in my circle of acquaintances (who are mostly young & Left-ish) there’s a troubling inability to tolerate the opinions of people unlike them or understand why they think that way. Coupled with massive anxiety about doing the right thing and being seen to do so, because it’s such a punishing social environment.
Then when you spend time with people in real life, it’s fine, people are actually tolerant and can listen to each other more than you would expect. but people interact so little in person now, online is becoming more politically important.

so my personal response is to avoid talking about politics online, even though I have strong opinions, because it never ever ever ever ever helps or convinces anyone or makes things better.

I’m considering joining my local centre-left political party - it’s what I should do if I want to live up to my principles. even though I don’t agree with a lot of their positions and theoretically more in line with the Greens. I think a ‘broad church’ and a lot of compromise is what we need right now and I don’t want to work with puritans.

4 Likes

People are being minplated to create divsion within society. We need to remain tolerant and respectful of others.

George Carlin is one of heroes.

2 Likes

i guess to me governments are basically like, the people who decide how to spend your taxes. as well as other things like foreign correspondence and border protection/military. in that way to me the world still feels like this big castle with a mote and bridge that goes up and down. i feel like one of the peasants that lives in the village making my meager sum for a bag of wheat and a keg of ale, strumming the lute down at the Inn on weekends and striking up a landscape painting or two on the easel here and there

3 Likes

the radical mid perhaps?

i was a member of the democrats in my country … just on a low level and local … an interesting experience… but to my surprise i found out, that even at this level of politics, the biggest loudmouth was the one who climbed the ranks… no logical arguments, just noise

take a look at primates, they rise in the hierarchy, the more noise they make… so my guess is, that politics is not about reason, its more a genetically implemented program to gain power at the level of an individual

1 Like