Your politicians ... isn´t it so much fun?

I just tell everyone that when trump gets back in I’m moving to the states to help build the wall and now nobody bothers trying to talk politics to me.

That is a DC myth. The national budget was only “balanced” because the administration removed a pile of obligations from the budget. Seriously, they started to exclude Social Security obligations from the budget.

Also, that CNN article conflates national debt and government deficits.

I don’t think anyone would say that we saw a trend reversal on the debt, any decline was short lived and immediately followed by a ramp up in corporate debt, offshoring and lastly, a recession. There was a budget deficit every year Clinton was in office. To make matters worse, the government just borrowed money from Social Security instead of issuing public debt.

Read up on the Triffin dilemma to understand what prevents the debt from shrinking.

1 Like

As a libertarian there are two things I find concerning within the current political discussion.

I find the goal of globalism is antithetical to individual rights.

I also find the current path towards a corporate technocracy abhorrent.

I don’t care what the intent or desire of some government or corporation is, my life is mine to live. I should have that freedom. So should you.

Anyone who thinks governments are here to help has most likely never read a history book before.

6 Likes

That was so weird. Scots voted to stay within the UK, because they wanted also to stay in the EU. Right?
And then. A year later…Farrage appeared and UK started the damn Brexit Referendum.
What is going in there? So will the Scots now leave the UK and join the EU?
Weird stuff going on.

You’re not alone and the rise of nationalism is one response. Sovereignty ≠ racism, despite what nearly every major media outlet claims.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Also agree with your statement about the rise of nationalism in response to the push for globalization @konputa Legacy media has become the enemy of the people it seems

3 Likes

If the US government would shutdown half of their 750 Worldwide operating millitary bases, they could already save a LOT of Money.
The NATO states spend 1000 Billion US Dollar every year! And our public financed Media tells us, that russia is the new enemy. Bollocks. Russia spent 66 Billion Last year. And even cut down their expenses by 5% this year. And they only have 3 worldwide millitary bases.
So…who is a threat to the world?

4 Likes

Man politics gets messy quick. So many ideologies and different beliefs about the solutions. I just wish we could all agree on the simple stuff like saving our planet. I agree with the above 1000% also.

Has anyone seen any Adam Curtis movies? Pretty incredible documentaries that trace really concise and interesting paths through history to tell you about why things are the way they are.

No question. I’ve been highly critical of our interventionist policies for decades. You don’t make the world a safe place by surrounding another sovereign nation with military bases and then pointing a finger at them and calling them the aggressor.

So the US military decided to “go green” to save the world while they shower us with depleted uranium. Some of our jets run on algae bio-diesel that cost $400/gallon. How is that for saving money and being responsible?

3 Likes

Or going into a country and cry Fraud after a legal democratic election and try to push the opposition as the real winner. Its such a farce what our german public media tries to sell us. They accuse the Independent Media as Fake News producer but are totally non critical towards Mr. Guaido.

2 Likes

Are you familiar with something known as Operation Gladio? This shit has been going on for a long time unfortunately.

I don’t think there is anything inherently wrong with the notion of a body protecting me against say corporate technocrats. I think one could as easily point to a successful government in this respect as one could an unsuccessful (or even criminal) one.

And írt to globalism: borders are a man-made and therefore fallible construction. I would even argue they Exist in opposition to individual rights (eg mobilization )

You’re generally free to move about provided you follow the local laws, even with borders.

Latin Americans aren’t in the States (as one of many examples)?

Yes i heard and read about it. Deep state shit. I Hope that more ppl will wake up and realize whats really going on.

2 Likes

Right, but it isn’t a hardship for me to travel legally to nearly any country in north, central or south America.

Ah. So borders are OK for you and not against your liberties because you are (I’m assuming) American?

1 Like

A Nation with no borders, is no Nation at all.

3 Likes

Good riddence. Nationhood hasn’t done much good for anybody honestly.

2 Likes

Depends on what Nation you live in.

2 Likes