Your modulars

killer case

1 Like

thanks

Iā€™ve stayed committed to this case from day 1 despite several different iterations of its contents. Love the size constraint of the case itself though. I canā€™t imagine having much bigger though sometimes I think 104 HP would be nice. I basically use this with the Octatrack. I have a little passive matrix mixer but itā€™s got enough noise where Iā€™m considering ditching it since it would never work in a studio setting and Iā€™m really trying to stay committed to mirroring both live and studio approaches.

What passive mixer are you thinking of ditching? I use a Rolls MX41B (the one with sliders) as a submixer for my effects chain, and for that application I havenā€™t found any issues with noise.

Since youā€™re rocking both Maths and Just Friends in a small space, do you find they are complimentary?

I use one from Xiwi: https://xiwielectronics.com/

Accent, I love both. Iā€™ve mostly been using the JF as a really nice polyrhythmic clocking device and a couple of those outputs are pinging the 1 and 4 inputs of Maths. Itā€™s fun! Donā€™t think I could ever ditch either.

1 Like

Can you comment at all on what you think of JFā€™s envelope shapes vs. Mathsā€™? (Ease of dialing in, knob response, any subjective qualities like snappiness or clickiness that you care to offer)

1 Like

Hm, Iā€™ve not really considered that too much, but Iā€™d say that the JF envelopes canā€™t get as long as the Maths but they can definitely be just as snappy. There is clicking if you really dial it up, but I feel like my Maths has that ā€˜issueā€™ (which I try to look at as a feature) as well :slight_smile:

The Muffwiggler forum has a nice thread going with some videos too. Might be worth reading it if youā€™re curious about the JF. I honestly see that and the Maths as occupying different places, particularly with much better rhythmic possibilities and chordal possibilities (as an oscillator) coming from JF. Maths is more of my straight EG for the most part now.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate your pov. Have mostly had my eye on JF for its EG potential.

Well, it certainly can do that too :slight_smile: Itā€™s got a lot of potential for a lot of uses, which is what makes it so fantastic!

Iā€™ve got the following setup coming in the next few weeks (mostly through second hand trades) for my ghetto style cardboard case. Sequencing from the A4 and using envelopes and lfoā€™s from the A4 aswell so until I upgrade to a bigger case I donā€™t need any of such modules.

Still have 18HP left that I am not fully sure what to do with. Might throw in a Clouds might do something else. Any ideaā€™s or tips on how to maximize the fun with the remaining space?

Batumi!

1 Like

Even though I can also use the A4 LFOā€™s through CV? Have to say I was already eyeing the Batumi but the Clouds seems like a really really popular module.

Also that would still leave me with 8HP left over :smiley:

Batumi does more than just LFO.

Butā€¦ when it is doing LFO - you get TWELVE OF THEM.

You want popular or you want power? :wink:

2 Likes

are you doing basses with the A4?

yes you can do pretty strange LFO things from the A4 CV outs. Check my video here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-four-cv-to-doepfer-dark-energy-2/28687

2 Likes

I have the Dark Energy (semi modular) and Aturia Minibrute ā€¦ drived from the A4 CV out. Minibrute audio out into DE auio in. So itĀ“s a basic semi modular setup - but with 2 great sounding OSC. Now IĀ“m thinking about growing the setup. What would be your suggestions? I would like Doepfer A110-2 for linaer FM in, a Dopfer Mixer, a Multiple and maybe a Ringmodulator ā€¦ in a minicase.

With the A4 Envelopes and LFOs via CV out you can do so much ā€¦ donĀ“t think there is a need for Maths.

how do you like the er101? oooh and a rainmaker. please post some stuff processed by it when you have a chance =)

Does anyone have clouds? Would love to have a listen to some more demos :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s something I did just with Clouds and the Volca FM: https://soundcloud.com/recycling-lost-cities/vesta