Your modulars

nice!

Lovely vid that.[/quote]

Thanks, the sisters filter is so much fun. I still use my op1 in there a ton though. Great pair imho. Sadly, my elektron boxes have been retiredā€¦ for now!

Next time I will try and shoot the vid anamorphic, to test out some lens options and see how all those glowing lights look stretched out.

Lovely vid that.[/quote]

Thanks, the sisters filter is so much fun. I still use my op1 in there a ton though. Great pair imho. Sadly, my elektron boxes have been retiredā€¦ for now!

Next time I will try and shoot the vid anamorphic, to test out some lens options and see how all those glowing lights look stretched out.[/quote]
I went and checked out an overview of Three Sisters (never came across Mannequins before your video). It really does look pretty special.

Do you feed the OP1 into the modular?

Lovely vid that.[/quote]
[/quote]
I went and checked out an overview of Three Sisters (never came across Mannequins before your video). It really does look pretty special.

Do you feed the OP1 into the modular?[/quote]
Yes, I just put it right into one of my mixer inputs and crank it up. At seom point I might get a 1u lineIn module so I donā€™t have to turn it up so much, but no issues with that so far.

You should check out the coldMac video its just as good as the sisters vid :wink:

Its the monome creators who popularized those mannequins modules with the monome crowd by including them in their monome demo videos. They should be getting some kick backs from mannequins!

After playing around for a couple of weeks, iā€™d most definitely recommend them.

Cirklon is, (to quote late 90ā€™s movie talk), the Bitches Bastard! I believe that translates to mean very very good indeed!
Iā€™ve had a ball with mine.
Sequencing the Elektrons from it opens up sooooo many doors. It also closes a few so figuring out integration is the biggest obstacle IMO.

1 Like

LA LA LA!! not listening!! :smiley:

Nopeā€¦ really cant hear a thingā€¦

^ Iā€™ll bring mine to the Aug Elektron bash. Bring your stethoscope :slight_smile:

Just finished my case build. It was my first try and iā€™m really happy with it!
There is a 1u row that just fits in on the bottom, which is mostly covered by grass in the photos. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

^Nice job :slight_smile:

Might need you to build me one if Monorocket donā€™t get their arse in gear.
2 weeks is rapidly approaching 3 months hmmmf

Polyoptics - thats so cool! totally dig that. how much would a couple of those cost/can you make more?

moving away from massive frankensynth and getting more into the idea of lots of smaller setups - lots of end cheeks and getting rid of my doepfer case.

i like to mix and match and move what im using next to my other synths im using more than have a big thing to work at giving me a bad back

That case looks so good! Especially against that green green grass. :slight_smile:

Hey thanks guys glad you dig it!! :smiley:

Honestly the metal work on the inside of the lid and the attachments of the rack inside the case is rack is a little rough. Its 100% rock solid, functional, and those imperfections donā€™t show unless your get side and start examining ā€¦ and did I mention love it?

ā€¦but if I was going to buy it from someone for 4-5 hundred dollars I would expect top notch craftsmanship in every detail, and Iā€™m not there yet. :slight_smile:

@polyoptics Do you like the teletype? At the end of the product video on the monome site thereā€™s some really nice sounds coming out of it. I was wondering how much keyboard programming wouldā€™ve gone into it and if itā€™s fun to do. (I miss my old monome grid, I think Iā€™m looking for a reason to get another one.)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/188145

Mine- With Greystone A4 interface

I havent gotten a chance to really dig into it yet. So far iā€™m liking the ability to interact with earthsea via teletype, but i need to get a lot more going on than that before I form a solid opinion of it. One of the cool things about TT is that you dont need a monome grid or any modules to use it ā€“ it can function completely on its own.

Cool case Polyoptics! Where did you source the briefcase?

Saw a dude on Muffwiggler who built a case out of an old radiator heater. Looking to do something similar as i donā€™t need a portable setup.

Hereā€™s mineā€¦ever growing. 3 months old

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/188892

Imported a heap of modules from Control at once to cut back on shipping costs.

TBH, yet to play with the uscale and streams. Stillson Hammer on itā€™s way from a seller on wiggler.

Now to create a track lol. Mainly just experimenting and recording jams into the Octatrack atm with the idea of cutting up and arranging something.

48hp input OSC section Iā€™m working on for A4. Wanna get weird.
Maybe a couple of AudioDamage shift modules instead of Clouds.

1 Like

Hereā€™s what I have going on so far:

2 Likes

Going through some changes off the back of various eBay bargains and trial and error. The Vermona qMI is on the way to bring the Octatrack into play (clock dividers an added bonus).

I thought Iā€™d have ended up with less oscillators than this after getting the Shapeshifter, but thereā€™s something about the Mangroves I canā€™t quite part with. And being able to send envelopes to their ā€˜airā€™ is useful for my current vca-thin setup.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/193412