Your modulars

I know this sounds crazy and against the eurocrack paradigm but I’m seriously thinking about downsizing from 3U 84hp to 3U 60hp :rofl:

Not bad at all. I went from 624hp to 0hp

(I kept 60hp in a box)
(ill probably end up selling those too)

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a hard move

I recently downsized from 30U to 15U. Not complaining so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Clean up the mess :rofl:
Makes me (euro)crack up every time…
Cats and modulars eh?

1 Like

Interesting, I have Pam’s, just wondering what the rotating channels does have you found it useful.

hm, I tested it and it was fun and I can imagine that people use this quite intensiv for driving drums. Not sure if I really need it :wink: If find it more interesting to use the euclidean rytms and control the trigs and skips via cv in (for live perforing) … its more my cup of cables :wink:

1 Like

definitely get parasites and spend some time in the looping delay mode, I find this is my favorite state on clouds for pitch shifting, delays, looping, and 1-grain granular synth fx. the default granular mode indeed lends itself to kinda samey results and requires some work to use creatively

1 Like

my favourite mode, too

I’m looking for a module that would enable me to plug a standard microphone and amplify the signal to go through Rings or Clouds… What would you suggest ?

clouds should be able to amp your signal enough on its own. have you tried cranking up its gain knob?

4 Likes

MI Ears 4hp for 99 EUR should do it

2 Likes

Beat me to it!

Yeah, many times I’ve just plugged in my A1 and gained it…
And my phone come to think of it.

I’ll try indeed :slight_smile:
But the way I’m using Clouds, I need something else to amplify the mic.

I’ve loved Ears at first sight, I love the contact mic and was naively trying to resist to the envy to get it :smiley:
I thought it wouldn’t suit my need cause it doesn’t have an XLR input. But Ill make do, cause it’s fabulous what it does to Rings :wink:

1 Like

Has anyone integrated a DSI Pro-2 with their modular. What possibilities have you found, does it work well with your rig

Moving houses, so this was me holding on to the modular while driving to the new house. :smile:

… well, the missus was driving, while I was holding on to the good stuff. :smile:

5 Likes

Hi fellow Elektronauts,
i could use some advise as I’m starting my modular journey right now.

I want to build a suitable live rig and send it from the vca directly into my mackie mixer.
Or eventually into the rytms mkI audio in. (Finally a signal which is loud enough for that
little bastard of an unamplified input ) :laughing:
Sequencing will be done by the squarp pyramid (another source to get CV into the system)
and an sq-1 which gets trigger pulses by machinedrum or analog rytm.
Additionally I will be able to send midi thru the behringer neutron over the assinable out to various
cv destinations.
I want to send clock into the modular via the sync out of the
sq-1 into pamelas new workout. I got this module first as i thought it’s a supercheap way to
get lots of clocked modulation.
This is my plan for the rig: https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_757063.jpg
Monday I’m expecting the plaits an passive mutliple and maths. Whats missing is the erica vcf1, the frap tools 321 and the 2hp vca. I have 2hp left in the DSQ-1+ mounting frame. It’s 4 hp but 2 are already occupied by the mult)

My plan is to get rid of the sq-1 in the rack at some point (maybe a varigate 4+ instead) and get a micro clouds and eventually micro elements or plonk. I’m not sure yet as i want to learn my rig really well before i go crazy and loose my mind in endless possibillities…and i’m kind of afraid i need more envelopes and vcas then and will become a eurocrack junky)

I play live techno for the most part (stuff like that for example https://soundcloud.com/2loud2die/live-sommerfest-chiemgaustrase-2016 ) but I also enjoy listening to all kinds of music and produce other electronic stuff and some hiphop from time to time. I want to use the modular also as sounddesign source and creative inspiration source.

If you read it here great you must be a nerd for eurorack and maybe could give me some advise. :smiley:
Do i need more VCA’s, Envelopes or attenuators? Am i missing something else important? Could it be better to get a ALM009 Tangle Quartett (8hp) instead of 321 and 2hp vca?
I don’t want to go bigger then 6u by the way. :sweat_smile:
I would be very happy to get some good advise from someone with experience in eurorack. Cheers

1 Like

nonononon this is all wrong,

Edit> O.k so what do you really want to do? Do you want to use the Eurorack for bass or leads or ambient textures or as an effects chain? All of the above? And you have a Rytm? What other hardware do you have and do you want to use a computer?
Second edit> Get the Neutron and the SQ-1 out of the rack. Never put something in your rack that already comes in a case.

2 Likes

Haha… :joy: how could i expect another answer. I guess there is no right or wrong. At some point I probably will put them out of the case. I’m not a saudi prince so I guess i have to go slowly…one module a month or so. One thing is for sure an almost empty 6u rack is ugly to look at. So i’m happy to have something to fill it with at the moment and less machines to bring somewhere for gigs. For my liveacts, at the moment I use additionally to pyramid a virus b, an evolver dektop, ocassionally a blofeld , a rythm and a machinedrum mostly for effects and sampling loops and glitch stuff over the send return. So i have to much stuff going on already to really being able to use the machines to their full potential. I plan to play just with the eurorack the machinedrum/rytm and one synth for poly stuff in the future. For now i’m planning to do mostly rhytmic structures as base for the track. I want to introduce more controlled randomness to the livesets…this is what i got pamela for. So bassy gated lines from neutron which i can easily morph in rhythm thru the cv ins of pamela, I planed to put several gates, lfos and envelopes through the channels of maths and combine those cvs to send them to plaits and send different cv values into pamelas modifiers with the sq-1 which i can trigger in any speed from machinedrum. Thats the plan to make the livesets more interesting for me to play. Being able to introduce more random into the sounds in a controlled way. hope thats understandable. So the modular will be 2 voices for now. Those get mixed from frap tools to the mackie then i can give reverb and delay on them via send return. That’s the plan for now. At the same time i’m interessted in logic gates, clock dividers and stuff like that but i don’t understand that yet I started some days ago researching modular in general. I know a lot about traditional synths, sounddesign and stuff. And a little about Max MSP and Puredata. But regarding modular I’m pretty uneducated…so I#m trying to find out whats possible and in which areas modular is superior over traditional sequencing and closed systems. So how works right Andrew?