Your Melancholic Tracks

Maybe more in the pensive realms…

3 Likes

melancholy lives in a lot of my tracks but for recent stuff maybe this

2 Likes

lovely textures !

1 Like

Very nice thread.
i wrote this track during winter thinking about teenage years and summer… (Deluge only)

1 Like

Hands down, for me

Under the other name I was using briefly. Also the last thing I’ve completed haha… early 2020 was rough.

2 Likes

Here are two thingies:

(Posted in the synth thread but making it available here):

1 Like

I think most of my music is pretty melancholic. These two tracks are some good examples though. ‘Vital Melodies’ is particularly saturated in melancholy.

2 Likes

This track has a very haunting breath like quality to it. It sounds very alive to me. Almost like its breathing.

1 Like

Very melancholic indeed. I really enjoyed the textural progression of this. The guitar sounds really nice too!

1 Like

Thanks so much :slight_smile: I really need to get back on the horse lol…

1 Like

Such a great topic, really love hearing everybody’s stuff. Melancholic music tends to be my go to… probably why I make 10s of dollars a year on my music.

4 Likes

i just released a cover of Leonard Cohen’s “The Partisan”… a dystopian synth heavy one, inspired by Blade Runner and Ryuichi Sakamoto. I would say it’s quite melancholic

2 Likes

My most melancholic track has to be ‘Untilted’:

1 Like

cant look back on your youth having run out without some melancholy…

1 Like

This EP I released was inspired by the melancholy and nostalgia of summers past.

very beautifull piece.

1 Like

This is about as melancholic as I get. I think it’s the last “proper” track I did and knocked it together over 2 or 3 hours the Saturday after Pigments 2 came out (main synth line comes from it). And, as you can tell from the lyrics, it’s called “Little White Lie”,

Musically, pretty happy with it but the vocals need redoing. For a start, I 100% did not mean to channel so much Morrissey - I was just trying to get a first draft done quickly into the Macbook’s mic without anyone in the house hearing :joy: I’ve never been comfortable singing and rarely do it but I’ll get round to redoing this eventually I guess.

So a little bit different to most on the thread, switch ears off to the out of tune singing, and hopefully enjoy.

Thank you so much.