Your kicks on the Syntakt

giphy-14

5 Likes

Oh man that one got me! Seriously laughed my ass off over here :0)

1 Like

A bad craftsman always blames the tools

Me too, was in the middle of a bite of lunch and had to concentrate to keep from inhaling any of it.

1 Like

I’m waiting till we get to cymbals :clown_face:

Cowbell for me…

1 Like

On a more serious note, I actually whipped up something that employs pretty much every technique discussed in this thread. Each of them fades in and out a bit over time. It’s just a loop demo, but maybe it could be of some use. I can’t record it right now because my MBP is moving 13,000 files around at the moment, so I’ll do it tomorrow.

(finished my arcade stick build today, and moving my ROM archives to an appropriate device to play them on. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

@t

… bad kicks for those who want to keep their techno behind a gate …

CAT_BD9_1.stsnd (553 Bytes) CAT_BD9_2.stsnd (546 Bytes) CAT_BD9_3.stsnd (553 Bytes) CAT_BD9_4.stsnd (544 Bytes) CAT_BD9_CLK_1.stsnd (557 Bytes)

10 Likes

Does this count as a taster pack for you gatekeeping upcoming Syntakt sound pack ? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

No :stuck_out_tongue: But maybe I do a third soundpack sometimes all about techno and hardcore …

4 Likes

Third ? Holy crap, did I miss two of them already ?

2 Likes

Haha, no, you didn’t and you won’t miss them. They’re off my hands and will be out in April :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, this is just a loop, but wanted the kicks to have some context. This includes pretty much every technique mentioned in this thread, at various levels throughout the clip. Just sweeping settings with the knobs. Layering, a little KS short delay, high passing, adding resonance, carving out some space on other tracks, etc. Doesn’t sound great when increasing the decay too far, because in order to get the lows right, I’m overdriving a bit. So it gets a bit muddy at certain decay settings. Might be good for other genres if mixed in properly. I’m sweeping the settings way out to where they don’t sound good, just to illustrate how they contribute to the kick when at the right settings.

4 Likes

A little bit off topic but isn’t it great that on the Syntakt sound patches are just 5xx bytes and projects between 5 and 50 kilobytes or so.

Which means you could store 20.000 projects or 2.000.000 sounds on the 1GB +Drive.

These file sizes in 2023. I just love it :wink:

3 Likes

One more with a different main kick engine. Same types of things as above.

2 Likes

So this thread inspired this video. I thought I was reading this on Reddit, but I guess it was this thread!

27 Likes

This video is hilarious.

1 Like

Ha, that was my comment on your video! :sweat_smile: And again: Great video :+1::muscle:

1 Like

That was pretty funny. :slight_smile:

1 Like