Your Italo favs

I remember playing this one back in the day

1 Like

Welcome To Paradise series by Safe Trip - late 80s early 90s Italo piano house. Keeps the class and ditches the cheese. All 3 are great, third is my fav.

2 Likes

yeah these are top shelf!

1 Like

Hey Rob, good to see you back on here.

In other news this thread led me to ID an old Italian tune I’ve been looking for for 20 odd years! It’s a remix of JT Company - Again. The mix isn’t on YouTube but the dub version of it is. I’m over the moon! Great topic!

2 Likes

How well can all ya’ll do?

1 Like

My favourites! (I’ll have to work a bit to get an acquired taste still for the house pianos;)

1 Like

Dont know if this is still Italo, seems too uptempo, great anyways.

The correct answer :slight_smile:

Yeah the M1 piano became a staple of Italian house around that time, influenced a ton of other producers and piano house became a genre of its own. Personally I love it and those tracks had a life far beyond ‘89-‘91. I draw parallels with the Northern Soul scene with thousands of young clubbers travelling the country every weekend to those nights. Below the radar, sniffed at by many, the scene still lives on albeit on a smaller scale these days. What a time to have been raving! I wouldn’t swap those times for anything

2 Likes

Solid bit of Kano, video is fairly bonkers as well

1 Like

If you don’t want shatter your “origins of bladerunner closing credits” beliefs, don’t listen to the first 6 minutes.

2 Likes

man excited to mine this thread!

1 Like

Oh hell!
The Hoff :face_with_monocle: :hot_face:
Must…have…Italio…kittens

1 Like

Everything!

Yes, automat wow

Knew and loved this aehm remix first, and the whole ep

1 Like

More pop focused but still a banger imo

3 Likes

There’s a few classics not on the list yet.

2 Likes

@Bunker cheers mate been getting divorced mate, just me and the synths now :frowning:

Anyways a couple of classics here

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Rob. Take it easy.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. I got to keep my music gear at least but it cost me a house. Life goes on more time to focus on music now. Got me a new apartment last week yay :slight_smile:

2 Likes