Your gear that has lasted the longest

MD MK1. Bought it used about 13 years ago and it’s been my best mate since. Had it upgraded with the UW kit. Had to get some parts replcaed when it didn’t boot up anymore last year. Jog wheel encoder is acting up now. Will have to repair that. I’d only let it go for an MK2 with UW and +drive.

Bought a used MM MK1 about 10 years ago. I have more of a push and pull relation with it. Didn’t grow on me like the MD did. But could never bring myself to sell it and every once in a while I pull it out and re-discover it.

Lots of of other synths, drum machines and groove boxes passed through my studio since about 2000, only MD and MM stayed. recently started building a hardware setup again by adding an Analog Heat, Novation Circuit Mono Station, Eventide Space.

In the fx department I have an EHX Memory Man Deluxe and a Dynacord Echocord Mini that have been around for very long. Recently added an EHX Stereo Pulsar to the Memory Man to make it a pseudo-stereo ping-pong delay.

My firewire audio interface MOTU 828mk2 has also been with me since I can’t remember when. Reliable and durable. I have an Ultralite mk3 hybrid which is not quite as reliable.

All the “ergonomic” features of the 3’s weird me out. They sound great, though! You ever pipe yours through an OT?

Items I’ve had for aproximately 20 years include:

Juno-106
MC-202
MKS-7
MKS-30
K-2000RS
CS-5
Pro One
VP-330
DX-7

I have some other things as well that I’ve owned for 10-15 years. I’ve never understood the compulsion to flip gear.

2 Likes

I had a Juno 60 from 1997-2017 that was a great foundational piece for my studio work. I had to sell that and a Rhodes to scrounge money together to chip in to the down payment for a house with my fiancee along with some other old rock equipment that I don’t use so much.

I’m down to my 6U modular, Octatrack, OP1, Killamix controller/MAX, and my dad’s acoustic guitar…ignoring mics, monitors, mixer anyway. I’m quite content but do feel a tinge of sadness over my bass guitar (it was shitty, but it was mine) and the Rhodes and Juno 60. Oh well.

C

1 Like

Hmmm. I bought my Boss SE-70 new in, I believe, 1994. It’s seen a lot of action at gigs and at home. It’s a really versatile piece even if it’s never the first thing that I turn to.

I sold my Casio CZ-101 last year after 26 years’ service. That had sentimental value but not much more going for it.

Me too, now that I think about it.
Going on 12 years now. Genelec 8030a
I learn them more each day and that makes working on them faster and easier, all the time.

2 Likes

Yamaha DX27 since 1999
Yamaha SY35 since 2000

i love both but they both are extremely partied on and tired so i think i will move on to Digitone once there’s less wait

Al lot of stuff has gone into rotation but for some reason my Korg ER-1 remained. Bought it 2000 so 18 years now. I like it for it’s quirkyness, and now with my A4 and OT it well get some new use for Shure.

Nice ‘gas free’ topic.

My longest owned piece of electronic gear that has ‘lasted without issues’ would be a Yamaha fx900 bought almost new around 1994, dropped many times, with bent knobs on faceplate & still on original battery 25 yrs later. The fc900 pedalboard controller had a bandmate’s van run over it, but no issues. Yamaha had some pretty good quality control across all their gear that I have used (bar some dx200/an200/a4000 encoder issues)

Other pieces that have stuck around without problems include a Korg z1, motu 828mk2 and Behringer UB802… est. 2003.

My first Elektron machine will be 10 years new soon, but that relationship is still in its honeymoon :wink:

1 Like

Access Virus A … bought it in around 2000
still working, made some cool chords for tracks with it
still not sure if it sounds good or just like the begining of VA
still not sure to really like it or just sell it
lfo led still bleeding to one of the stereo outs

but still looks awesome on the table

Blofeld… but the Digitone may put an end to it.

I sold everything to build a modular so… Make Noise Maths I got in 2017 lol.

MachineDrum: only synth I’ve considered buying a backup unit of, while they are still cheap.

1 Like

My Ludwig drum I own from 1989 circa. Still there, always on stage with me

My akai s3000. I havent used it in about 15 years but its still in me garage :smile:

Oldest piece I still have is possibly the Korg Z1. Expanded to 18 voices.

keep it

1 Like

i’ve had my roland sh32… i don’t even know how long. most of the sliders are bent. and has some other weird issues. but works fine. its worth more to me, then its worth in cash,
and i got a blofeld when they came out. its in pretty ruff shape visually. but still works fine! had to do the sound output mod on it. but waldorf sent over all the info, and it was no problem. so same thing. worth more to me, then the cash i could get for such a beat up one.

Telecaster, Jazzmaster.

A drum I bought in Tunisia.

Of electronic gear it’s a launchpad which is in the loft somewhere. Only got into electronic music making a couple of years ago.

Both Nord Modular G1 and G2.
Keeping mine for sure even if with 2 kids i dont have much time :slight_smile:
Also the Monomachine , best Elektron machine imo, its a keeper.