Your gear that has lasted the longest

tr 909 since 1987 mini moog since 1992

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had my Super Action 80 Series II Tenor for about 16 years. Yeah, some saxophones have super cool names. I thought I lost it in a fire once, but she made it through! Nice little restoration after that. Canā€™t think of anything Iā€™ve spent as much time with.

I go through gear quickly, but whatā€™s lasted the longest is my trusty Alesis Micron. Iā€™ve played so many shows with it and it has never let me down. Super cheap, sounds great once you get past the annoyance of programming it, and it has surprisingly amazing bass. The sideways mod sliders and pitch bender are really pleasant to play, and have actually made me prefer that orientation to the standard vertical direction. I think Iā€™ve been abusing it since about 2007.

2 Likes

Trusty Virus TI Polar I bought 9 years ago. Have come close to selling it to fund other gear but could never bring myself to. I still have lots to learn about that beast. Its a keeper.
It is the only piece of kit I have kept over that time, been through about 8 other synths / drum machines since then.

Sp-404 since 2006 and a record case from 96

abletonā€¦

1 Like

Been cycling through gear like mad over the past few years so nothingā€™s very old.

Oldest bit of gear is a Zoom H2n that I purchased for college back in 2012. Donā€™t use it much at the moment as itā€™s a bit too noisy for recording quiet ambient environments.

Next oldest is the Montage (2016). I usually hang on to romplers for a few years before upgrading, but this one has alot of sentimental value so Iā€™d be fairly reluctant to sell it in the future.

1 Like

For me, JUNO106 since 1999, got it from my dad for my 15th birthday;)) still use it as main sketch pad.

1 Like

for me itā€™s my monitors. sold them once before, buying them again was painful. will never sell them again, no matter what. also my audio interface, while just a cheap light one, itā€™s scratched up so bad and to be honest, no one would buy it, Iā€™d have to give it away. also have kept a midi fighter twister for a number of years, mainly because its tied to a project. everything else has bit the dust

1 Like

Previous:

Akai MPC 2000XL 2000 - 2013
Akai MFC42 2005 - 2016
Akai MPC 1k 2007-2017
Roland JP8080 - 2008 - 2014

The last 4 years or so I have cycled through lots of different gear and very little has stuck around. Aside from my Technics SL 1200 (owned since 1998), my OP1 is suprisingly the longest tenuredā€¦ owned since 2015

My parents offered me a classical guitar when I was a kidā€¦ I still have it, 28 years later :smiley:
But I donā€™t play guitar much these days, even if I still love my 22 yo telecaster.
Got an OP-1 in 2014, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever get rid of it. The Elektron gear I kept the longest is my 2015 Monomachine mk2 UW.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a Sidstation for like 8 years no. I have a real love-hate relationship with it though. But it has real collector value and itā€™s a nice item to have in general so I have decided against selling it. And on a good day it does sound fantastic.

Oldest in duty: my first electric guitar, a Les Paul copy by Ibanez, which has got some friends in the meantime ā€¦ :wink:

My first piano had no chance to stay with me, too heavy, big, and loud for a small appartment for students :frowning:

Electronic Instruments: A MS-20/MS-50 pair, my first synths, bought in the early 80ies. Still look like brand new and deliver a great sound.

Iā€™m desperately looking for one of these. Plenty of Juno 2ā€™s kicking about but I canā€™t squeeze one into the space I have!

EDIT: Fixed URL.

1 Like

My mum bought me a Juno 60 in 1983-84. Still have it.

5 Likes

Sequential Prophet 600, Roland RE-201, and Eventide Orville. All three have been with me for decades but they still get so much use in the studio.

Korg Kaosspad 2. I think i have this almost from when it came out. Used it a lot for live sampling,fx and even some simple beats/synths.

Nord Modular G2. Some 10 years now i think. I started with the micro modular and when i had some money traded it with the full key version. The G2 came few years later: it had all that i missed with the original: midi, delays, 3 octave keys, pitch stick and a very good interface. Love the sound, flexibility and form factor!

Newcomers that most likely will stay: octatrack (+2years) and OP-1 (1year).

My Korg ms20.Bought new in 1978 for 325 pounds from music ground in York.How i ever afforded it i dont know-my wages were 20 pounds a week :frowning:

1 Like

I got series 3, 2ā€™s are better tho

1 Like