Your Favourite Podcasts

The latest Hanging Out With Audiophiles (Edition 58) has an interview with Matt Black of Coldcut as well as the distinctive elektro stylings of Elektronauts’ very own @AdamJay:

Go listen!

or

8 Likes

Yeah i loved these too.
Shame he stopped

Looking for recommendations, haven’t been in the podcast game for a long long time, is it still even relevant?

Anyway, I used to love the Erol Alkan and also the Tiga 6mixes and haven’t found anything that blurs the lines quite so well since, I used to genuinely look forward to sitting and down listening to them live. The closest I’ve got is Tim Sweeneys BIS mixes, close but no cigar, doesn’t quite satisfy the urge for some rough and ready indie/rock/weird electronic/techno, a bit too nice.

Whatcha got?

It may not be to your taste but I’ve been working my way through old editions of the weekly Brainwashed Radio podcast.
http://www.brainwashed.com/index.php

2 Likes

Thanks! Definitely some good stuff in there

For pure entertainment try https://www.disgracelandpod.com/

Diving in…

Half way through the latest episode with Surgeon. Interesting so far.

There is that radio station in Switzerland called Couleur 3. For years now they have had a guy (Yves Blanc) spreading world/ethno/ambient stuff never heard before.
La Planète Bleue.
Worth it on a long Sunday winter day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not music related, but damn this one is interesting!

2 Likes

Cum Town

1 Like

Agreed! Listened to all of them, and watched the video versions, too! https://www.youtube.com/c/FallofCivilizationsPodcast/videos

1 Like

Joe rogan, bill burr, tim dillon

For music song exploder

Punch Up The Jam

Hey again,

I had an old MacBook that finally died and I had to get a new one.

This new one has Catalina OS and there is no iTunes anymore.
I had several issues with iTunes but as a general podcast downloader it worked fine and it was easy to archive at the start of every month onto a separate hard drive, just throw the iTunes Podcast folder into the hard drive with that month’s date on it.

The new way on Catalina, where it deals with podcasts like an iPhone is wicked lame. Every episode mp3 goes into one giant folder with long string names for the .mp3’s.

What is a good macOS podcast listening app that archives podcasts the way iTunes used to?

Thank you.

I just listened to this podcast from start to finish.
Essential stuff in these times.

2 Likes

Hanging out with audiophiles is great.

If you’re into cyber crime and hacker stories I’d recommend Darknet Diaries.

1 Like

Nice interview with Bicep who break down the production process on their new album.

1 Like

Last couple of years I’ve really binged quite a few music podcasts (the conversation type, not meaning the techno podcast sets for this).

Amongst which Hanging out with Audiophiles and Why We Bleep, both really nice. And the recent video podcast of Knob Twiddlers Hangout for techno stuff.

Lately I’ve been completely binging the Rick Rubin conversations with all these amazing artists that I grew up with that he has access to and often worked with: both the “Broken Record” podcast and the “Epic Conversations” series on Youtube. I love how those really dive into life and music from a broader, interpersonal and sometimes semi spiritual level. Beautiful episodes with for example RZA, recent great episodes with Brian Eno and Moby.

The Epic Conversation series with my childhood hiphop heroes like Andre 3000, also a really good talk with the great Kendrick Lamar.

I saw this thread doesn’t have many recent posts. Any other new/good music podcasts out there?
@Grate_expectations I’ve got Tape Notes lined up next, didn’t know it yet.

PS Oh wait and I LOVE “And the writer is”! It might be a bit too poppy for some people here. But the interviewer (a songwriter, interviewing songwriters) is just a really good host/interviewer, again half of the appeal is about the interplay between music and life, and about creativity more then highly technical gear/production talk.

2 Likes

Lately I ve been lurking in the leftist corner of the podosphere. Learned a lot about fintech, spacs and stupid/fraudulent startups.

This machine kills:

Also on soundcloud: https://m.soundcloud.com/thismachinekillspod

Trashfuture:

3 Likes