Your Favorite Thing To Do On the Octatrack

Thanks I’ll check it out. I currently just monitor the sounds with my computer and mostly just use EQ in the OT to cut bad frequencies. More complex stuff is done in the DAW with FabFilter EQ.

My favorite thing to do with the OT, is when my friends send me videos of how they’re progressing with music making- I like to sample that in and make a song with it. It’s like a crazy hybrid love of friendship and music making.

Granted- it was just one friend that sent me a video, and she just sent it one time…and she’s apparently stopped learning the violin…

…I hope it wasn’t the track I made that made her stop playing…

6 Likes

I was going to mention something along those lines- a lot of the house shows I attend and cassettes I come across are chock full of illegal AF samples.

I guess there is a significant group of people who realize next to no one is listening.

2 Likes

A ton of footwork guys use commercial samples too. Literally the entire last Cakedog record is unapologetic top 40 rap samples.

2 Likes

Hahaha - made my morning here :ecstatic:

1 Like

Long sample randomized start points, trigs on all steps. Filter pinging, repeat stutters and then random LFOs working the comb filter. A very OT spesific sound I think!

When looking for new ways of using OT, my favorite is browse the OT section of this forum or @sezare56 history and look for ideas or challenges I had overlooked or forgotten…

:tongue:

7 Likes

Oh god yes.

Forgot about footwork. Another example of interesting chopping going on today.

1 Like

good idea :slight_smile:

Ok if you insist :

So I was born in 1975, in Vannes, with a brocken clavicle. I didn’t want to go outside.

6 month later, I ate a cigarette, and went back to hospital.
images%20(5)

Mom and dad were working very hard, and…

9 Likes

… That’s the day you fell into a cooking pot full of OT recipes ?

6 Likes

I’m so glad someone started this thread. I’ve been wanting to start the same sort of conversation, but couldn’t put it into words. Basically, how do YOU get experimental with THE OT. Great. Thank you, and thank you to the people who are contributing.

8 Likes

here it is making a horror soundtrack using a simple sawtooth input from my arp , definitely among my fave things to do

patching info in video description on my YT page

3 Likes

and here is another of my faves, made with the kick and hat sample you hear @ the start, again using nothing but OT fx :slight_smile: no DAW either, fast repeats, ring mod, lofi etc all getting lots of fast modulation

4 Likes

so far this is closest to the sound i’m trying to achieve, didn’t have to be OT specifically, but here we go! thanks for posting

1 Like