Your digitakt setup

and she has arrived! firmware updated, just awaiting for the samps to finish their journey from CPU to DT.

:grin::rofl::smile::nerd_face:

15 Likes

Nice! Whatā€™s the video synth?

whatā€™s the thing to the left of the DT? Also, what do you use to sequence the blofeld?

1 Like

Qu Pac looking good
Dang that OB6 module has quite the footprint.

1 Like

Iā€™m using it with my microsampler now. It works pretty well. Chromactic mode can control can either play the sample on keys or trigger different samples and you can put both on the same midi channel which could offer some flexibility but mostly its just a mess. using the keyboard side lets you have keygroups of a sort (up to 36) but so far I can only switch samples on the ms-1 and via midi, I fell like thereā€™s a way though. Overall though, I realized how damn limited the ms-1 is midi wise.

Iā€™ve never used an Akai rack sampler but Iā€™m thinking this might be a great companion. Could anybody tell me if they own an s-series and if it seems like a good companion piece?

The setup I used for tonightā€™s improv. session:

9 Likes

Minimal Setup for the Digitakt would be:

• Digitakt
  • Powerbank
  • Microphone

You dont need more :wink:

3 Likes

The videosynth is Lumen. Its software but its very nice, easy and intuitive. I wanted a Critter & guitari ETC (hardware) but its a bit expensive, so I need to save up for it. In the meanwhile I have a lot of fun with Lumen.

1 Like

:smile_cat:

14 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking for some time a replacement for the Monomachine BEATBOX machine.
I was sick of using two tracks (over six) just for drums.

So, I guess thatā€™s going to be Digitakt job by now. Sick drumlines, with MnM which brings its own flavor.
Still discovering DT but hell, thatā€™s going to be a nice combo!

1 Like

Digitakt + op1 and battery for both is a killer combo

What iā€™m actually using is
Digitakt
Avalon 303 for bass
Preenfm for dx7 soundish
0coast for lead
Eurorack 6u 204hp
Sherman filterbank compact
Waiting for a poly analo but probably prophet 6 module (I didnt knew the footprint was so big before seeing the picture earlier with the ob6. It scares me a bitā€¦ haha

Iā€™m in between selling some
Maybe the avalon is too much and i donā€™t need a poly analo. Would love a poly pro2 tho haha
Should have kept the op-1 but soundwise itā€™s not that interesting.
Digitakt + mpc live would be really nice. Or digitakt + ipad.
Digitakt + preenfm is also really nice. Would love a multi fx qualitybox.
Something with filters as the sherman but with valhalla or OTO reverb/delay daaaaaaamn
or a small footprint thing with soundtoys plugins inside :airplane:

0-Coast is such a appealing instrumentā€¦

i am sure its a great combination :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Digitakt
Ipad ( troublemaker, arp)
Machinedrum
Volca Keys
Volca Bass
Blofeld
korg dw6000
Arturia Keystep for controlling the digitakt via Midi

1 Like

Yes it really is, acoustically and optically :heart_eyes:

My Idea for the setup is the o-coast, a mixer and some pocket operators (PO-14 SUB and PO-20 Arcade) sequenced by the digitakt (or the korg SQ1). But mainly i will use the digitakt ā€œjustā€ as a drum-sampler for messing around.

1 Like

My set up :slight_smile:
JU06 / JP08 / squarp pyramid and digitakt

2 Likes

Please post some examples ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only lo fi recordingā€¦ this is what i did yesterday.
Took me about 2 hours

2 Likes

Cool thanks ! A shame itā€™s not a line recording. How do you go about chopping breaks into the digitakt ? From the specs and itā€™s inability to timestretch and slice it looks like it would be fiddly.

Iā€™ve got various gear that gets setup and put away often. Permanently on the desk though is my Monomachine, Akai Xr20, and a reverb pedal. I try to keep everything contained within that environment. As soon as my Digitakt arrives it will be replacing the xr20.

I didnt chop, i p locked start point, loop and play forward/backsards
The amen i used was in 175 bpm, my song stayed in 175. I think i have to import all amen loops to ableton and timestretch them to 170 or 175

This works very well to me, place trigs and p lock them. I did this with many patterns without thinking, then i used the best ones. I made full loops of 64 beats, in 16 beats with condition trigs. Next to this i made fills of 16 beats. This gives me a lot of beat variation and the true jungle vibe

I hope its clear, questions are more than welcome

1 Like