Your digitakt setup

This is the setup I’m currently playing with.

The three Elektron boxes are routed to Live via Overbridge with Microfreak output to DT input for sampling.

10 Likes

Ah the good ol’ 0-Coast. Don’t know if you do further mixing of your tracks via a DAW or something but I get how a lot of people prefer recording in stereo over mono but I’ve heard a few times that producers prefer mono to start with.

Ooh, that’s nice. I sold my beatstep pro to put toward the digitakt. I love the midi sequencing on the DT over the beatstep. But the CV in/out is good for modular.

1 Like

Have an infant so need to be ready to go if given the chance. This has been working nicely!

16 Likes

Don’t they get hot running inside that foam?

Haven’t had any issues with heat.

1 Like

New rack stand

15 Likes

Nice setup. What do you have stuck to the bottom of the DT? Are those labels for the tracks?

1 Like

Yes they are (acid/amb/bass/main…). Can’t see them when I stand up :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I posted my setup here about a year ago when it was just a Digitakt and Volca Keys. Here it is now…

A4 > DT > DN > and back into the A4 (I’m using the DN’s scale mode & MIDI tracks to input notes on the A4).

Just had some stands delivered yesterday. It’s looking nice and clean :slight_smile:

18 Likes

where did you get the stand from?

2 Likes

I made it myself

2 Likes

Damn! that’s really nice.

2 Likes

Looks great! What kind of stands are those?

1 Like

3Dwaves

2 Likes

my setup

24 Likes

Greetings, Elektronauts! First time poster here. Please excuse the blurry (and somewhat messy in the cable department) photo. Played my first solo live show this past weekend to ~75 people with this setup:

Digitakt (brain/sequencer) controlling:

• Roland JU-06A (keys/pads)
  • Korg Volca Keys (leads)
  • Korg ER-1 (additional percussion)

Arturia Keystep thru DT MIDI In
MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru for MIDI connectivity
A&H Zedi10 mixer for output

Not shown: Ibanez SR400 electric bass through Dunlop MXR M80 Bass DI and Boss DD-5 Delay, which channeled through one of the DT inputs with monitoring on

I created and arranged a ~55-minute deep house set ordered sequentially over 32 patterns on the DT. I prerecorded live basslines for each “song” in the set, but would play a few bars on the bass live before unmuting the bass track on the DT (giving the appearance that I was live-looping the bass). If I wasn’t playing bass I was muting/unmuting tracks on the DT, adjusting knobs/faders on the Volca Keys and JU-06A, or playing with the built-in delay on the ER-1. It was a lot to juggle and I prepped almost nightly for a solid month, but overall no major flubs during the set and I was pleased with the results. People were dancing, which was the best I could hope for.

I haven’t played live music in front of people since my old band’s last show in Boston back in 2004. Prior to the DT I had pretty much given up on finding an affordable hardware solution for the kind of music I wanted to write and perform. Hour after hour of staring at Reason or Cubase, moving pixels around with zero inspiration and no results. Finally pulled the trigger on the DT six months ago and my one wish of Scale per Track being answered in an OS update (1.11) a couple months later… I realize this sentiment is expressed virtually everywhere on this forum but the DT is really everything I’ve wanted from a piece of hardware, and the photos in this thread are only fueling the inspiration!

19 Likes

what case is this?

Hey guys,

I found a really fun setup:

DT & DN + other synths are running through the Portastudio inputs 1-3 with lots of warm thickness and also some distortion from the pre-amps if I want to.

Effect send 1 to the ZOIA and Avalanche Run

Effect send 2 to the Organelle and back to input 4 which I can send again to Effect 1.

The DT also receives all the combined signals from the monitor out so I can sample everything on the fly and send it back through the whole wormhole :slight_smile:

My audio interface also receives the whole mess if I want to sample it with Ableton.

LOVE IT!

21 Likes

Magma Carry-Lite XL. I added firm foam (the pluck stuff is OK but doesn’t give the support I wanted).