Your digitakt setup

Does anyone know how far the Digitakt/Digitone plastic covers (part# PL-2S) hang over the edge? I’m wanting to mount these on the Ultimate Support MDS-100 stand and would like them to be as close as possible to each other while still allowing for the covers. PS, covers are on the way but won’t be here until next week.

I do not think two digi units will fit on a single tier of the mds-100 without removing the outer bracket

Yeah, the brackets are removed. Going to add washers and screws to the rear to lock the units down. I’ll keep the brackets on the upper stand for my effects pedals.

5mm space between the boxes with the covers on

2 Likes

Perfect! Thank you!!!

1 Like

I also had a tr8 first and I gotta say my love for the tr8 has gone way up since pairing it/sequencing it with the Digitakt.

I use the Digitakt to sequence a tr8 (tracks 9-12), minibrute (tracks 13-14), and minilogue (tracks 15-16). I then run the minibrute and minilogue audio through various effects and into the Digitakt, stereo out from Digitakt to stereo in on tr8. I can then monitor the whole mix through the headphone out on tr8 and run stereo out of the tr8 into my audio interface

4 Likes

My OB beta testing rig…
DT controls the SUB 37 through midi and
A4 controls the sub phatty via CV.
After i have finished recording some stuff ive been working on im planing on moving just my DFAM, virus, blofeld and jv1080 into this set up and selling 10 smaller now unused synths. Volcas and brutes etc. Then get in a DN to replace the volca fm and tx81z…what is here is already enough power.

17 Likes

again update my studio :slight_smile:

• Deluge as a brain
  • Mother32
  • Digitakt
  • Minilogue
  • BigSky
  • TimeLine
  • iConnectivity MIDI4+
  • Xenyx1622
  • LSR 305

11 Likes

Digitakt midi out A Minibrute
Digitakt midi out B 24 dinsync to BeatStep pro - beatstep pro midi out volca beats
BeatStep pro in from AKAI MPK25
Digitakt midi In from JX305 :musical_keyboard:
BeatStep pro cv’s out to modular eurorack
Audio BOSS KM60 to a pair of Wilson Audio WAMM Master Chronosonic’s :clown_face:

1 Like

My live rig most recently has been a Digitone, a Circuit Mono Station and an Arturia Keystep.

I just added a Digitakt to my setup, so that is now part of my live rig going forward.

I have other devices like an MPC Live and Novation Circuit, but they’re in boxes at the moment because I’ve been getting away from samples and getting back to synth-based music.

So now that I’ve done that “reset” for a couple months, I’m in a good space musically to bring a drum-machine/sampler back into the mix. But over the past couple of months, I fell in love with the Digitone way of doing things and so I decided to mate the Digitone with its sibling. With the Elektron workflow, as I mess around with the Digitakt, I’m already feeling MUCH more inspired than with my MPC.

With a core rig containing 8 tracks of samples/drums (+ MIDI), 4 tracks/8 voices of FM synthesis (+ MIDI) and a paraphonic all-analog synth/sequencer. I have a LOT of music making options with killer workflows on just 3 devices + keys.

BTW, the Circuit Mono Station was my gateway drug to the Digitone because I liked the Mono Station’s patch and parameter locks and great sound, but I wanted more of it. The Digitone was the best price/performance solution for that “more” and shortly thereafter I was a convert.

Digitakt is, so far, crushing it for me and sounds GREAT on its own or with the other two devices.

2 Likes

Well, just had a sale on Reverb of my MPC Live, so that’s gone as of tomorrow.

No worries, since I have this sweet little live setup right here:

15 Likes

Glad you turned to the DT side

2 Likes

MD
Octa mk1
DN
Rocket
+
echo
meris

1 Like

hey, captain! how do you play/record main outs to ableton? mixer collects all instruments/mics and goes to dt inputs. dt monitors its inputs and goes to ableton via usb (overbridge) where all tracks are being recorded. am i right? are there any latency issues?

Main outs don’t go to ablton, they go to the mixer.
All Digitakt parts get to ableton via overbridge as you mention.
Zero latency issues

1 Like

My setup is A Digitakt running-
Arturia Minibrute
Moog Sub Phatty
Minilogue XD
And it’s going through a behringer 4 track mixer with a Korg Mini-kaoss pad 2. Haven’t gotten to really recording seriously as I’ve been busy but I snagged a Marantz field recorder to have that tempo/pitch control on the cassette which is pretty sweet.

For now I just jam here and there and work on bits and pieces at work on the DT. Still haven’t really worked out my compositional approach. Thought I’d record a sample of my comp via beatbox and slice it and then swap out the samples of my beatbox with sounds I intended but my first attempt showed I really might just need to play my beatbox recording back and then finger drum the parts back with the samples I want and just do it that way as I can’t seem to slice the beatbox recording to single parts in a sequence just yet very easily but it’s still a work in progress.

I’m really greatful that I’ve been able to put together such a killer kit though. And the DT is my favorite of all the gear I’ve slutted around trying to piece together what I have over the years. But if I went total minimal I’d just say a DT, a synth, kaosspad, and I could just record into the kaoss if totally minimal. But I’d rather do the cassette deck.

5 Likes

what kind of stand is that?

DT with Korg Prophecy and original Electribe ESX… not ideal but it’s all I’ve got :wink:

2 Likes

Minimal setup right now, far away from any computers.
Space for a blackbox and I really need to replace those headphones (shameful). They are a backup set from my last set that broke.

I am considering replacing the OP1 with a mixer, that new Roland boutique ju06 and a sh01a… but worried I will miss the OP1, it is the ultimate idea generator but I dislike that it can only record mono to the tape, and the 4 mono tracks is really limiting sometimes… but who knows, the blackbox + op1 might be really great.

Also have an iPad mini loaded with weird and wonderful synths, seq, and samplers. But need a stereo sample to make use of them (blackbox)

Oh and there is a arturia keystep in the top drawer that controls the 0coast with cv when needed :joy:

6 Likes

enough to make killer tunes I’d say.