Your digitakt setup

834… Legendary Pink Dots fan, eh?

1 Like

The “Fortress of Solitude” mkiii is starting to come together. We’ve been in our new place for nearly a year and a half, but I’m just now getting the time to start setting things up properly. Quality studio monitors are on the list, but I don’t want to skimp so I’m going to make do for a while.

2 Likes

Minus all the cables and effect units!

3 Likes

Watched the entire vid. Applause

1 Like

Do you like the nord lead? I’m looking for a good polysynth w/ effects and a keyboard. Saw one in my area for $600, worth it? It is a 2x

I don’t have one but I thought the 2X didn’t have effects.

1 Like

I combine mine with some analog gear: Rhodes or a Wurlitzer (depends, if I have to carry my stuff alone :wink: ) the MF 104 always and synced to the DT, one analogue synth, currently the ARP and some guitar pedals, really would like to have the Heat. Then a tr 606 or I am thinking of a tempest or analog rytm mk2…?

3 Likes

I think you are right thanks for the heads up

Aksdnt, I love my Lead A1.
Though, I got it purely for the fact that I needed a decent non-analog synth, it’s a very decent sound compared to every Moog I’ve owned.
At the time I was after those quirky 80’s sounds like “The Julie Ruin” had on their album Run Fast; and it delivers. (TJR used a MicroKorg XL)
The keybed is not that spectacular, but does the job fine.
The modulating effects are thin but adequate, not as good as the equivalent stomp boxes by MXR. The Delay is decent enough, and the Reverb is quite good.
No menu diving, awesome. But the pot layout is a bit odd, not a strictly left-to-right layout. Kind of like they tried to economise the space on the circuit board.
Sorry, but I dont know about the 2x, but here’s Nords comparison chart

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! :grin:

3 Likes

Nice I used to do similar sketches at work - all day sometimes!

1 Like

That’s no sketch.

This is my actual setup : )

So confusing. Only really understood it myself after rewiring it

1 Like

The A1 is a real beauty, I swapped my keys for the rack as I felt my NL4k was more inspirational keys wise. Looking back (easy) I wish I kept both boards!
Great synths either way…

That randomiser makes you feel like you wasted your life…

Ha :grin: yeh.
The mutate and randomiser buttons are brilliant.
So lazy, but so good for completely different stuff you’d never thought of.

1 Like

10 Likes

That’s the way

The Digitakt was gone for awhile but I had to get another one. Rearranged a bit as well. This is the “Everything can sample everything” configuration. Also recently added are the LXR, SH-01a, and Launchpad Pro.

12 Likes

What is that thing above the OP-1?

1 Like

That is a Synthstrom Audible Deluge, the best no-compromises groovebox type device I’ve ever laid hands on, full stop.

Synthstrom Website
Public Facebook Group
Elektronauts Thread

3 Likes