Your digitakt setup

hi there…

i also have a mixer … AH Zed 10 … but I must say I dont like the idea of aux sends etc…

So I took a mono cable form the headphone out of the AR and the A4 and plugged it into the DT …

sampling will be mono - ized anyways, and that way I get around the aux send nuissance.

cheers mate

: )

I’m doing the same thing with my Soundcraft mixer, works great to sample anything quickly.

Also got Digitakt going thru the SP-404 which is great as I can sample into that, resample with nice 404 effects, sequence those loops from DT and run vinyl sim compressor over the whole mix :smiley:

6 Likes

my mixer has a 2 track output meant for sending the signal to an external recorder, i send that to the digitakt. anything that goes into the mixer can then be recorded by the digi. does your mixer have this?

That SP-404 setup sounds awesome.

1 Like

all you need is a mono (or TRS) cable, aux send (to the Digitakt) - you can sample any signal from your mixer, easy peasy. How is it a nuisance?

There is a monitor out iirc … hmmm… cheers

Hi

It’s a nuisance because I hate the pre fader post faster … mix bus buttons etc …

I know i know i am the problem not the gear

: )

1 Like

You can do it trabant! Those annoying things are worth knowing

2 Likes

I have the Digitakt and Mackie, maybe I should look into a 303. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t see a general Digitakt thread anymore, so just wanted to post that I received mine today and I am absolutely digging it. Having OT and AR experience (which I’ve sold in light of potential Mk II purchases), I jumped right in and feel like I know it inside and out in about 5 minutes.

The screen and buttons are great, and I underestimated how awesome the backlit nature of the unit is. It’s such a great design choice, and they are BRIGHT. It also makes me wish the Mk II series had this black color, for that backlighting to pop off of - it’s such a sexy combination and I’m not a huge fan of the new greys.

There’s many rather puzzling limitations like only LP/HP on the filter, but it definitely has a good niche.

I think it would’ve been even more well received if it had 16 sounds on the 16 pads (and I guess 16 midi tracks instead of 8?) That would be very powerful, actually.

I was worried about bad trigs and such in the build - my only issue is the volume knob is kind of wonky feeling, but considering i usually won’t change that on the unit itself, it doesn’t really matter.

Now for that updated OS…

1 Like

Waiting on OB like…

3 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

Is that a comment on my downsizing of gear? :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, that’s my Digitakt setup, because, uh, I don’t have a Digitakt… :wink:

3 Likes

You’ve got an Octatrack! WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?! :smiley:
(Other than a Digitakt :wink: )

1 Like

I see a lot of people who can’t possibly drink as much as I do.

Got the digitakt hooked up to my newly acquired Minilogue, and everything running through a SPL Crimson into Macbook Pro with Ableton Live. And I have a Push. Lots of fun. I’m getting an Rc-202 and gonna see how much of a badass synth/vocalist-looperboy I can become. Should probably get a mixer at some point though, but using Live as a Mixer works pretty good for now.

1 Like

Good move! I love mine.

Cool! Actually just got a message that it arrived at the post office. Now, to get my ass out of my apartment…

1 Like

My rig and the music it makes :slight_smile:

Funny how the Digitakt has made me refine my modular when I though it was “done” a month ago… Such a powerful machine.

12 Likes

the minimal setup I just achieved is:

Digitakt.
Gameboy DMG.

I’m hopefully going to expand that a bit though with Overbridge to ableton, another chip synth (YM2149), another gameboy underclocked, an APC40 for dub mixing and a dub siren (which I need to make.)