Your digitakt setup

Ordered mine over two months ago. It arrives tomorrow and will sit here.

4 Likes

This is my live setup (in this photo heat and the left digitakt arenā€™t connected hehe ;p). Will play my first gig with this setup the 21st of december in Utrecht (The Netherlands). Canā€™t wait :slight_smile:

25 Likes

If you get a chance, please record and share the live set :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m going to record a video too this month. Iā€™ll make sure to post it on the forum! And iā€™ll record the live set for sure! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great setup, Iā€˜m looking forward to listen to your recording. How do you keep the content on the DTs in sync? Must be a PITA at the moment.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how heā€™s doing it but using the elektron sync between my monomachine and digitakt has made life so good. It doesnā€™t seem to suffer from the program change issue when synced with other elektron gear and patterns on the dt and mnm are staying in sync.

Actually, I only clock sync the digitakts. I donā€™t use program changes. Itā€™s a bit too much to explain how I use the setup in text on a forum. Iā€™ll make a video on that too sometime ok? (starting a video series soon, more info will follow :))

In short: I improvise a lot. I have about 32+ grooves all built within the digitakts (about 16 per digitakt, and counting) , and use a max of 3 patterns per track. 1 pattern is the basic groove, pattern 2 a break, pattern 3 if used is a (slight) variation on the first pattern. Other than that I use the functions on digitakt and the mixer to build breaks and variation.

6 Likes

That is my setup at the moment. I sold my JDXA and got an A1r. While the JDXA sounded great, I was drawn to the digital side more than the analogue side and the digital side involved a lot more menu diving. I am loving the A1r so far, sounds great and is so quick to get ideas up and running. I will post my first A1/Digitakt track up once Iā€™ve finished it.

Tried to not buy a rack but i think i will have to

2 Likes

what is the silver/grey midi controller looking device to the left with the faders?

1 Like

Nice! How did you score yourself a gig? :slight_smile:

oh yes! thanks

Wow, the almighty UC33e, memories!!

2 Likes

my kid uses mine, to pretend he makes beatsā€¦ in combination with his ear warmersā€¦
it is smacked all over the house
and still works perfectly

2 Likes

That machine is all you can expect from a midi controller, no fancy lights, not built like a tank but supernaturally solid and timeproof, no extra functions, completely customisable, comes with three mapping sheets, and doesnt cost much more than 50bucks,

amen man

Jā€™avoue

I dig your digitakt videos by the way, keep it up man

Iā€™m part of a group of people that runs a label and organizes small gigs. One of those friends organizes Symbiotic Sessions every couple of months, which is aimed at electronic live jams. Thereā€™s always a live sets in between the jams (like 1 hour jam, then a 1 hour live set). Last time I performed there with two friends (we perform under the name ā€˜Desynkā€™. The 21st will be my first solo live set :slight_smile:

Digitakt
Model:Samples
PO-33
SE-02
Blofeld
Microfreak

2 Likes

Thanks mate! More to come very soon.