Your digitakt setup

cool … i’m keen to invest in a matrixbrute although it isn’t in my favourite pricerange.

Hey cool setup! But not really computer-less, is that not an iPad lower left? Anyways looks sweet!
Is that an mpc to the far left? How do you work with both the mpc and DT? Curious since they serve somewhat overlapping functions, but not quite

Lotsa great photos in here! Personally I just wanted something that matched the colors of my (computer) keyboard and, the stand. Everything else went out the window and, I’m now only buying orange/black stuff. The Tetra above looks like a good candidate. I do have the orange/black Blofeld, but like most Blo’s the knobs were on life-support and I had to bury it…somewhere…

1 Like

Mpc and Digitakt kind of just do what the other is weak at doing…e.g. MPC does kicks and snares and vox samples because it has individual outs and I want seperate processing for those things. Also I have digi midi out going to mpc in and MPC out to all the synths so I can sequence any synth with either MPC, Digitakt, or both. Function-wise the MPC allows recording in chords from the keyboard which if I’m not mistaken, is not possible on the Digitakt

And yeah yeah the iPad is a computer, fine :-P, it is running the x air mixer control software.

Digitakt
iPad or MacBook
Zoom H5

Hey Puck, how do you find troublemaker?

Just the DT, a Y-cable to connect my IPad and a pair of cans. This has replaced the OP-1 for me and I have yet to look back.

3 Likes

Digitakt and mpc! Nice!
How’s that combo working out for you?

1 Like

Digi and 1K Combo is pretty limitless considering their footprint when it comes to sequencing one shot drums, short loops and midi synth patterns. Going to keep them around for awhile… :wink:

1 Like

I recently picked up the DT to go with my MicroKorg and OP-1. Then… trouble. ebay Australia has an 18th birthday sale yesterday. 18% off for four hours.

I’ve been eyeing up an A4 Mk1 for a while as the price drop was pretty good. Take off another 18% and I now have a brand new shiny A4 mk1 on the way for AU$1147.

I am officially excited.

2 Likes

got a zoom l-12 to replace my mixer/four-track/cassette-deck setup

digitakt is the “brain” sending midi to the minilogue, poly-800, heat, and keystep (which arps and sequences the sh-09)

not entirely running smoothly (pseudo-aux sends/returns need to be sorted etc.) just yet but i think that’s my fault and will fix during the week

5 Likes

Had a bit of a change around yesterday

. Stuck the monitor on the wall, and finally decided to use those Ikea stands I bought three years ago…

3 Likes

Cozy! monitor looks like it’s placed a bit high for comfort though. What’s the one in the middle top with the rainbow color knobs?

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah I’m quite tall, and my chair is quite high as well, so it’s actually perfect for me, however I did have concerns that I’d get it up and end up cricking my neck.

That’s the micromonsta, with some DJ tech tools chroma caps, replacing the original ones. They are nice and squidgy!

hopefully just a temporary set up as space not ideal, i’ve no idea how people make their photo’s look so good this looks a right mess :rofl:

2 Likes

Just came in- this thing really IS exciting to use! Sounds excellent! And the form factor is absolutely adorable <3

10 Likes

My little studio :slight_smile: Saving $ for Heat and Yamaha speakers.

3 Likes

Here is mine, will sell the Minibrute and take a volca fm or a blofeld

2 Likes

Very cool setups!
Uploading an image from my mobile phone is impossible on this forum somehow. Will try to upload from laptop tomorrow. Fun topic :slight_smile:

The blofeld is the better option IMHO. The Arp itself is worth the entry fee.