Your digitakt setup

Im getting my Rytm sold…got a full Verbos system, a Modor NF1m, Digitakt , fx are OTO BIM BAM Biscuit and Heat can go miles with this setup.
But Im also saving for something special, what i dont know yet but additive Synthesis is something i would love…otherwise maybe a MK2 A4 …make drums with it sample and play from Digitakt …or something something :laughing:

How do you think the reverb on the DT compares with the OTO BAM? Would you say they’re in the same league at all?

The Digitakt has revived my interest in the Rytm; in the last few weeks I have found that it actually does things that I can not easily do with software. It also plays very nicely together with the Analog 4 - I think these two, plus Ableton as a multitrack recorder and FX section is enough for me.

Badly needed my friend :sweat_smile:

They dont cancel out each other. BAM have loads of more settings and sounds more lush and wierd. Digitakt reverb sounds great but its the same algoritm .
So basicly both are good but always nice with a x-tra special reverb…thats what i think.
Btw love the Modor. Could live with menu system on the mini but it also made me think about a BIG one…briliant machine! Thanks for the advice i got from u…this one is a keeper :slight_smile:

1 Like

DT only has a stereo output so you’re limited to two separate tracks, unless you set up a really convoluted system via OB to a soundcard with 4 outs.

1 Like

Digitakt sending out MIDI to DX7IID, Bass Station 2 and 404sx. Receiving midi from DX7IID.

1 Like

Not even close. Personally I don’t dig the digitakt effects compared to any real effects box. They are usable but the bim and bam are on a whole differnt level. Anybody who sez otherwise must not know how to use them.

Really digging how punchy the digitakt can be. I’m slaving my DT to the OT but using the DT to sequence all my effects and Critter and Guitari ETC because of its PC per step capability.

DT is the hub of my setup. I used to have more elektron gear but digitakt does everything I need sequencing wise now.

it’s the perfect partner for the 202 which doesn’t have either on-board pattern memory or midi. Din sync n sampler ftw :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice. How happy are you with your mc202? Thinking about buying one :slight_smile:

Arvo Part… I thought inwas the only one enjoying religious music and making techno music
:slight_smile:

I’m a little obsessed tbh :smile:

with all its old school shortcomings you’d want to love its sound and sequencer. it’s my favourite synth of all time tho :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Arvo & Acid. Classic combo :innocent:

The moog modular, korg’s arp oddyssey is my top dogs at the moment!

I’ve ‘inherited’ my brother’s 202.
It is the best fun ever.
The Boutique version will have to be the same size!

Using a Kenton to connect these?

When I use the OP-1 for chromatic mode I use one of these (not pictured): https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi4plus/

I mostly just use the OP-1 to sample into the DT though, as its keys aren’t all that much better than the DT’s (not velocity sensitive either, for example).

I’ve been meaning to pick up a Kenton box (much simpler solution), but they were all out on Amazon UK the last time I checked.

1 Like

Are you just sampling the OP-1 or are you synced to it somehow?

Playing a set later tonight that is Digitakt and Saxophone focused. A bit avant-garde, a bit soundscape. My setup is:

Digitakt as “hub” with samples and midi tracks to:
Moog Minitaur and 0Coast

Then, Sax effects: Preamp> Eventide H9 > Boomerang III receiving sync from Digitakt.

Lastly, OP1 free running tape for non-synced sound beds, and for playing keys. It’s set up so that I can resample my sax loops off the DI for one of the pieces.

I’ll report back tomorrow. Maybe have an audio clip.

3 Likes