Your digitakt setup

Nice setup, you’ve inspired me to make a case for my DT, 0-Coast and whatever compact KB controller I get. Good call on the padded wrist rests. :happy:

1 Like

here we go! my set up with the Digitakt. Love sampling the vocoder form the JD-Xi into the DT.

8 Likes

DT as master - loving the tempo per pattern. OT still the king though :sunglasses:

Sample everything.

15 Likes

How is the OT following BPM/Pattern changes of the DT,
is that working out fine in regards to have a good sync going ?

Hey Jukka,

We just moved into the studio and we are with a total of 3 (there is also a small modular and a EDP wasp synth + MPC 1000 ). The MX-1 is has been kind of a love hate relation because it does have it’s limitations.
What i really like about it is the beat FX you have making a rythm out of a latched cord from the JD-Xi and also side chain a bass loop. Also when you have some Roland/Aira gear you can plug them in trough USB witch i find really handy. I tend to stay away from the master FX because i don’t really like the way they sound but instead i use the fx send/return but you only got one so yes thats switching alot of pedals all the time (should get a patchbay i think :confused: ).
The DT is indeed the center of operations sequencing all the gear and also giving clock.

The Mx one can record per channel but not really impressed by that because levels are to low and can’t have the FX on the master , instead we record the master.

The JD-Xi i think is a really nice synth with a decent sequencer plus a vocoder i can sample into my digitakt witch is alot of fun but already said that :smiley: going to watch that video right now because of you:)

That said im really in love with my DT and i hope it becomes more stable in the future for live use because it still freezes now and then.

Thank you for replying to my image

2 Likes

Yeah it’s great. You only have access to the first 8 banks of course. Transport/Clock and Prog Change are sent/received on channel 16.

Only thing I’ve seen is that with polymetric patterns, the AK can take an extra bar to change sometimes, even though ‘Chain After/Ptn Change’ is set to 16. The OT is solid though.

1 Like

Great news for me ! thanks.

i´m on the fence to get me again a OT.
The OT would have to follow the DT.
i see the BPM per pattern as a quite powerful feature for some more experimental electro :wink:

1 Like

It’s good! Bug where by nudge tempo resets it to global BPM but hope they fix that soon

1 Like

Nice setup! Are you finding much use for the Octo now you have the Digi oor has it replaced much of it’s workflow?
Is there a MIDI hub hiding somewhere too? I’ve got a DT on-pre order and mulling over my expansion possibilities. I’lm thinking about Volca keys or MicroMonsta.

OT for loops, ambient, textures and live resampling. The DT mainly for beats, so it has freed up some OT tracks which is awesome.

I have a Kenton Thru 5 coming out of the DT, which is tempo master and doing some additional MIDI sequencing occasionally. Wish it had the OT Arp though !

1 Like

I like to use the nudge tempo left-right to create pitch bend effects on the delayed sounds especially when playing live in the chromatic mode. Try it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to run the Digitakt audio into the Octotrack for FX sends?

I’m sure you could. But I don’t have an OT

Yeah, you would just use a thru track, or several. You can set wet fx levels to fader scenes.

1 Like

So, for example, you could do three separate (and synced) tracks (kick, snare, HH) from Digitakt into 3 Octotrack FX tracks and automate them?

I enjoy using the Digitakt to handle all my percussive elements and using the Octatrack to sample and sequence synth loops from the Op-1.

This setup is resulting in some deep synth layering and complex drum sequencing thanks to the conditional trigs on the DT.

I use Thru machines for both the OP and DT and apply effects as needed. The OP-1 really shines with some fine tuned Dark Reverb!

14 Likes

That is a great set up right there, all you need for max creativity

2 Likes

This looks like the set-up I’m heading towards. I have the OP-1.

Cool. Thanks!

You could use some small angled stands to help raise the screens and save your neck!

1 Like

For sure, get all inbred sound design…

1 Like