Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

This one too :

Project Live 2017 is a Live based on experimental Minimal Deep & Techno influenced by the cosmic trip of Pink Floyd’s Electronic Guittars & Synth vibes !
I hope you Enjoy !
×××

7 Likes

Here’s something I threw together for some background music for a video my brother is making for youtube. This is Digitakt through Analog Heat with some light compression and eq in Ableton Live. When I made this beat, I liked it a lot, but in the process of tweaking and getting it to sound right, I’m tired of it, ha! At any rate, let me know what you think.

2 Likes

hell yeah, I’m digging the gritty stuff these days.

Sounds cool.

I know how you feel. I’ve come back to stuff I was really into for a couple of nights of jamming, only to think - damn, that’s kind of boring.
But after leaving the patterns for a week or so in order to concentrate on other things, I can return with something that brings them back to life.
Recently I added a pedal tone (resampled) minor chord to a previous old pattern, this created musical tension that, somewhat, reinvigorated it.

1 Like

Great stuff!
Was it done completely ion the DT?

What controller/ device is that in the SoundCloud photo?

it is the Livid Instrument CNTRL-R ! I use with Ableton.
But now setup is DT + GAIA Rack & Synch with Ableton to use effects
4 Abletons Tracks (1 for DT, 1 for GAIA, 1 for Midi random vst synth, 1 For Audio Effects)

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is a mega compilation of beats and weird ambient things I’ve done exclusively on the DT. I’ve previously posted some of this material but it is all new recordings. I recorded every track out one by one in Reaper. It was uh… tedious. But fun.

5 Likes

100% Digitakt. All the non drums are from the beginning of the song “Khymos” by the band Food

9 Likes

18min of digitakt only space jam

2 Likes

Heres my track on Digitakt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPJVi6ELPo

1 Like

Just posted a new Digitakt-only ambient piece:

really discovering that I love the bit reduction feature, after basically never using it since I got the Digitakt. It’s wonderful for ambient stuff and sounds with long, slow attack/decay envelopes

14 Likes

This is tight, tight, tight!

1 Like

lovely

1 Like

Thanks homie :slight_smile:

This is really great, the whole thing. Really organic sounding. Did you sample a lot of the synth sounds yourself?

Thank you. Glad to hear you like it. I did sample all of the synth sounds. Mostly from a Moog Sub 37, Boomstar 5089, Juno 106, and an Analog a4. I recorded a good deal of the synth sounds as improvisation on a cassette tape and then went back through to find the bits I liked. I also did this with youtube sampling. Just have a cassette in pause/record mode, go look for samples, record them to tape, and worry about sampling the best bits to the Digitakt later. I think it adds a certain character to the sounds.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks for the breakdown. I just scored a 4 track myself for coloring/processing samples for my Digitakt.

Awesome! It is a lot of fun and a four track really does open up a lot of different ways to process samples. I like adjusting the pitch control on the four track very slightly as I am sampling into the Digitakt. It can give samples a really woozy sort of texture.

For me, it also helps to separate the sampling from the sequencing. It is nice to have dedicated time to sampling rather than just grabbing a few sounds from your phone and then begin sequencing. I would put these restrictions on myself where I would fill up 3 tapes of material before sampling it into the DT to begin composing.

Which four track did you get?

1 Like