Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Another live jam. All digitakt, but i did run it through my new sp404 for some filter effects and delay.

Listen to I Think Its Happening by Stoks #np on #SoundCloud

3 Likes

How is it having both SP-404 and the Digitakt?

I have the DT and been considering the SP-404 for its effects, wondering if it would be worth getting for that. How do you use them together?

Its a very nice. Combo. Ive also been getting into making beats with chopped samples, so it made perfect sense to me.

The effects are pretty good, roland has always known how to do effects thats for sure. But there are probably better options if youre just looking for effects.

I like it never the less. The dt and 404 are a perfect compact combo

1 Like

Whichever tracks you want playing out of time.
You can definitely mix and match the tracks playing out of time and tracks on the sequencer. The choice is up to you

Iā€™ve only jammed on it- havenā€™t recording anything .

More things you can mess with:
-tune of the sample affects speed which affects repetition
-if playing fwd: sample start doesnā€™t do anything(rev: length doesnā€™t do anything)
-LFO on either make it totes cray cray
-Sample Slot doesnā€™t do anything, unless you hit the track again(which, to me, opens up more oppurtunities than eliminates them. You could actually wildly alter the sound doing a ctrl-all on the sample slot and either transition in piece wise by hitting certain tracks at a time or abruptly by hitting them all at a time)

If you record anything- Iā€™d definitely be keen to hear it!

1 Like

Man, Iā€™m still trying to wrap my head around this. I guess Iā€™ll have to do some experimenting.

1 Like

Itā€™ll be great- as long as you appreciate weird nonsensical music.

1 Like

Have experiment a few month ago with this technique.
Can do great, and far a lot more than think.
Strange music, but not just.

1 Like

Easiest implemtation of this to try is the ā€œdrone boxā€
Set single cycle waveforms for each track all set to loop with inf trig length on trig page, inf hold and inf decay on amp page.
Hit a trig or two play with parameters.

2 Likes

Thanks - I think Iā€™m starting to get the picture. I might have some time tonight to fiddle around with this. Cheers.

Thank you, glad youā€™ve liked it!
Yep the Zoom h1n works pretty well for that, very clean sound if gain is set to about halfway, starts to get hissy above that. Currently experimenting with using it as an audio interface for my Android phone to record videos with direct audio, seems to work with a third party camera, not for instagram lives though :frowning:

This video i dropped into Davinci Resolve for some color correction (amazing and professional, but available for free software), they have a pretty decent audio mixer in the recent version, so i just threw one of the limiters that came with it (wasnā€™t on my main music computer at the time), made things a bit louder and thatā€™s it.

Itā€™s a simple jam track which was uploaded here some time ago as a videoā€¦
I decided to use mastering service on this one and it doesnā€™t sound bad in its lofi way :).
I LOVE my Digitakt :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

more shameless distorted percussion

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ve done a New Live 40Min

2 Likes

Space music is prompt this week stbb.
Digitakt only music

beats by Digitakt, synth by DSI OB-6
label: My Favourite Robot Records

4 Likes

Good vibe, well done!

1 Like

Here is another one :blush:

Iā€™ve noticed that Iā€™m using a lot of reverb and filtering a lot of high ends. Definitely gonna do that lessā€¦ Also seems that itā€™s peaking a lot and needs some mixing hmmā€¦

7 Likes

Very nice!
I wouldnā€™t say that the effects are overdone, they certainly add to the ā€˜4amā€™ atmosphere :wink:
With the reverb creating a dreamy mood and the delay a stuttering, broken vibe.
The tuned down clicks seems a little loud IMO.

Iā€™m certainly guilty of filtering everything and using the delay for trip hop-like snares. Itā€™s too easy!

2 Likes

Thanks for listening! I will record it again later after I do some adjustments :blush:

1 Like

Looking forward to it :slight_smile: