Your Digitakt-only "Productions" - do you have some?! ;-)

Niceley done, mate. Love it. :expressionless: :heartbeat:

1 Like

even going to follow you on Soundcloud to see where will your music road take in the future

2 Likes

love this - especially building up the mix and the vocal sampling. :100:

1 Like

Digitakt only thing I have been putting to an animation I have been working on… some sort of ambient thing.

13 Likes

I have loved going through this thread and seeing what people are coming up with.

This is something I’ve been working on lately. I’m trying to embrace loopitus by creating a warped mix of beat tape and ambient sound design. I tried to embrace the limitations of the DT by just mixing in it and running everything out the 2 outputs onto a Tascam Porta 1.

5 Likes

This is sooooo good !

2 Likes

I wanted to make a track based on an evolving pad. I wasn’t able to make it on the DT so I created a patch on the Circuit.

Have a great (and productive) week-end!

4 Likes

That’s the most beautiful thing I’ve seen this year.

Also, were you in Boards of Canada?! That music sounds wonderful!

1 Like

I’m jealous of your refined craft. That’s brilliant stuff there!

Did you sample the Twin Peaks theme song for that last one?

What did you use to get that video effect(if you don’t mind me asking)?

Dear Ryan, I’d like to thank you for asking. I don’t mind at all to share with you this technique:)

So I always stream my music and only after do post processing.

To make VHS effect I use my iPhone and an app called VHS cam (VHS Camcorder Lite (VHS Cam) — Rarevision). But I don’t record with it. I record iPhone screen with OBS while streaming. Also I record audio in Ableton to be able to fix sound later. Recording iPhone screen, I record only the part with the screen in the app, by cropping recording area.

I have some cons in this approach, like low resolution. But it could be a feature, not a bug.

Hope, my answer helped you.

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for the kind words. I did not sample Twin Peaks. Which sample were you thinking of?

I have found sampling episodes of the show Black Mirror to be really useful.

1 Like

The bass that comes in at 8:20- it just sorta reminded me of it.

It did! Thank you very much for your detailed answer!

thanks! haha I am inspired at times by Boards of Canada for sure… sadly they have yet to invite me to join.

2 Likes

Its been 5 years since their last album, 8 years before that.

The baton has been passed. We(the world) need you to be the new Boards of Canada.

Godspeed!(Keeping an eye out for that new album of yours)

Sounds like an Underwater … thing … of some sort. And the Video reflects that i think. Good Job!

Just Digitakt :evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree::herb:

4 Likes

sick groove!

1 Like

Thanks! Lead melodies are TE Pocket operators, same with the hats and bass… All sampled into and sequenced from the DT. Drums are MPC60 samples :v:

Loving the Digitakt. Gets me very inspired :slight_smile:

2 Likes