Your dark minimal techno recommendations

5 Likes

Rrose is someone you’d like. Already mentioned above, Mike Parker is great too. Ostgut Ton is a label to look at. Geez, there are so many options that It’s a little overwhelming. Ben Klock and his label Klockworks, also his Fabric mix was great. Oscar Mulero, Voices From The Lake, Developer, Exium, Reeko, Regis, Lucy, Varg, Efdemin, Truncate,…you know what I’ll list some labels and that will provide a good amount of artist to check out.
Semantica, Pole Records, Modularz, Planet Rhythm, Polegroup, Mord, Trevor, Token, Coda, Pure Plastic, Warm Up, Kobayashi, Sheep, Tsunami, Main Out, Perc Trax, Stroboscopic Artefacts, EAUX, Edit Select, Air Texture, Arts, I Hate Models, Eotrax, Rekids, Noise Manifesto, Gynoid Audio, Infrastructure New York, and of course Underground Resistance. There is a lot more but you’ll come across them on your musical exploration.

5 Likes

This is awesome. Thanks, everyone. I knew I could rely on you lot to get all the good stuff. Obviously it’s going to take me a while to get through ‘em all (weeks? months maybe?) but I’m already liking what I hear. Keep ‘em coming!

2 Likes

Vril & Rødhåd colaboration from few months ago:

10 Likes

That’s probably why I like your music, it’s in a similar style :+1:

Ha - I was going g to suggest Recondite also, but thought it wasn’t quite minimal. However, I like minimal techno, and I like Recondite, so here goes anyway. This album in particular grabs me:

I have to go check out concept 1 now that it’s out on Bandcamp.

1 Like

Really minimal stuff from Mika vainio early 90’s hard to believe how old these tracks are, way ahead of their time

And early pan sonic

8 Likes

Minimal is there in a lot of different ball parks. But check out Boris Brejcha he created his own vibe on it. Also Extrawelt has a personal vibe. Don’t know if it is what you are looking for. But for me they do a great job.

And Matador is also very great!

1 Like
3 Likes

One of my favorite records

My fav elektronic producer of these here times

Blawan for the dark dark

Also check Shed

5 Likes
5 Likes

Talking about good old hypnotic looping stuff:

Two of my favs from the golden techno years.

Looking for new songs that sound that rough and raw. Surgeon made als some good stuff with his raw trax a few years ago.

3 Likes

Childhood fave

2 Likes

Still have those vinyls at my parents place. Hopefully I can bring them home in the next 2 years.

1 Like

7 Likes

Vintage Adam X fits the bill

3 Likes

Two fave artists for sure

The label Scandinavia, always good for some minimal weird sounds.

3 Likes

Maybe try something like this by Exterminador

From this EP:

1 Like
2 Likes