Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

Well, I got my album done. Took a long time as I spent almost 6 months in/out of various flus and shit. Anyway, release will be soon and I’ll ofc post it here. Next steps are: Start preparing the youtube series while finishing off a few EP’s in various states of progress/decay. After those there is still plenty more to do to get this year rolling for reals.

5 Likes

I have a five track EP well on its way to being arranged and a concept for a second EP.

3 Likes

Taken from this live performance.
Standing up with a mic for the acoustic guitar and one for my voice would have been a better idea I guess (The acoustic guitar low strings kinda fight with my voice)
It’s a recreation from an iPhone take where I improvised most of it, including strings/piano. I added the AR to play random piano notes.

4 Likes

Just made that over the weekend and think to myself, why not releasing something (EP, album, we’ll see) in that direction this year…

Edit: may need words, a bit of ironing some edges but I’m curious what people think about releasability (not a word :blush:)

5 Likes

I will definitely NOT be releasing anything this year.

or ever for that matter

2 Likes

I released my first sample pack / Digitakt Project this year and I’m working on some Tracks too. With the DT pack alone I made more €$ than all my streams and sales in the last 10 Years.

2 Likes

New tune, I’ve been messing about with some more organic sounds and instruments.
Having some fun with Moondrums and Geosonics from Sonic Couture.
Also, some bass, guitar, OB6 and Arp Odyssey.

Downtempo chilled out stuff.

5 Likes

My new mix, “Manufactured Safety (Sigint Unlucky Sevens Mix)” is out today! A little hardcore techno hit by some breaks. Influences on how I chose the sound palette for this mix include Future Sounds of London and the early 90’s album by Ultraviolence, ‘Life of Destructor’. Check out the whole EP, the other mixes are also fantastic!

Links to streaming services on my linktree:
https://linktr.ee/sigint

1 Like

This has been a very long project:

Check it out if you dig 1970’s Italian genre film music - especially Giallo scores from the likes of Goblin, Bruno Nicolai, Morricone etc.

9 Likes

Nice thread!
My tip for having your mixing or mastering checked: https://mixcheck.studio/
Really helped my with levelling and eqing.

I’m about to release my first mini EP and I’m
quiet happy that I finally got this far (struggling with Post Covid since October…)!
Will post here once published :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m only a couple songs in, but this is just the right combo of creepy, silly, and funky. Nice work

1 Like

Thanks! Tried to stay true to the genre. :slight_smile:

So far I have a few songs released and more on the way!

1 Like

It was really worth it, solid release! I will buy it for sure when I get home. Congrats on the release! :orange_heart: :pray:

2 Likes

Anyone around here going to release on CD?
Planning on burning some CDs to sell. Wondering how you would go about to make the CD look nice… don’t have a printer that can print on CDs and no local print shop seems to offer it. So thinking about spray painting or something else.
Any ideas?

1 Like

@evenmind, one of the best price places I’ve found to have CDs printed is at Kunaki.
https://kunaki.com/home2023.asp

CD with jewel case, full color printing, 2-panel insert, tray card, cellophane wrapping, 24-hour manufacturing
or:
CD with jacket case full color printing, printed jacket cover, cellophane wrapping, 24-hour manufacturing
Same price points:

quantity USD $ price / unit
1-4 $1.20
5-99 $1.90
100-499 $1.65

etc.
They even do this:
“Note: You can mix titles in an order to a single address to get the quantity discount. For example you can order 50 units of one title and 50 units of another title for a total quantity of 100 units.”

3 Likes

“Hello! I’d like to place 25 orders of 4 cds”

:grinning:

2 Likes

Wow this is really cheap!
I’m in Europe (Germany) though so not for me unfortunately…

I finishing arranging this late Saturday night and it feels done enough to slap with some art. (Soundcloud == released for me, as far as that goes). I’m glad because now I feel free to work on something else. Still trying to get used to how I’ll use my Elektrons and how much daw-work I want to do, but I was able to sync this up and make a few VST parts (even if none of them made it in to the finished version, this is pure A4 because that just seemed to work for the track).

I’m feeling good and motivated to assemble a few more as at seems a new theme is emerging. I don’t know if the bass is supposed to drop in chiptune styled music but I don’t care.

2 Likes

Finally, its all done!
Recorded, mastered, re-mastered for the EP, album art work,…
First time that I´ve actually managed to put out a coherent set of tracks, really happy with it.
Hope you enjoy!

Also, I´ll make a CD version of that, so this is gonna be the next step for me. I really like the idea of having a physical copy of my music too (even though it might be somewhat outdated).

7 Likes