Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2023

This is absolutely lovely!

2 Likes

thanks guys! :slight_smile:

One of my favorite labels I’ve discovered lately will be releasing my album in the second half of 2023. I’m pretty excited about that.

5 Likes

Whats the label?

1 Like

It has not been officially communicated yet, but I will publish it here as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Just released a Rytm-only album. It’s a drone, ambient and soundtrack type of affair with some bits of beats here and there. All Rytm and mostly Rytm synthesis.

The dedicated thread:

9 Likes

oh man, I want to so BAD. I wanna get away from the rock/country rock that I already have out there streaming. And while I’m very proud of it, I just want to put something different out in the world. Been sitting on and creating more electronic-type stuff for the last 10 years or so and haven’t been brave enough to put it out (besides some stuff on Soundcloud; curated Battles from op forums [if you win you have to come up with the next one] and one little EP on band camp that like 3 people listened to).
Just from the op-1 field alone, I have hours of what I call tape dumps that I need to go through and edit. That’s not even counting the piles of stuff done with Polyend Tracker (and now the Play), Lyra 8, OT, and so on and so on. I’m also scared no one will listen to it. Maybe I’ll force myself to release one album tomorrow on bandcamp.

3 Likes

Just do it!
Name some tracks, generate album art, get it out there.

Though, I’m still not committing to releasing anything in 2023- the first part of the most ambitious project I’ve ever partook in is available today. It’s not perfect, but it’s a start

Edit:

Stupid of me to not include the soundcloud link

2 Likes

I have about 15 minutes worth of quality recorded stems so far toward my first album. I need to record another 30 minutes of drum, bass, and melody tracks and then spend rest of year on adding vocals, remixing and mastering. I told myself no new gear until I release an album of music.

3 Likes

I made the RPM February challenge deadline (so much easier without vocals) and with the spare 5 minutes made a high quality video too :grinning:

3 Likes

Slowly crawling out into the light in 2023- published my first public youtube link and building up to Bandcamp plans, and from THERE getting my good networking in through the local clurrbs and synth shop.

Hopefully by that time I’ll have gotten through live set programming so I can have the opportunity to decide whether I’m comfortable playing live in a venue, or trying to get a few people together to organize an outdoors hangout/set :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And here goes my album !

6 Likes

My 3rd release for 2023 (from this live performance).
Somebody said the drums sounded reggaeton ha. COVID changed me!

I think even though it sounds a bit different from the other songs I posted earlier, it could fit my hypothetical album.

6 Likes

I woke up this morning and decided to release an album :grinning:

Should be on streaming soon

12 Likes

Dude, reading this now makes this post the most funny on this whole topic. Its also the one that i can relate :slight_smile:

1 Like

And i would love to hear that track :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s the final track on this album! I managed to get it finished up about 6 weeks ago :slight_smile:

I’d link it directly but I’m on mobile and it’s a pain lol.

2 Likes

Well, I got my album done. Took a long time as I spent almost 6 months in/out of various flus and shit. Anyway, release will be soon and I’ll ofc post it here. Next steps are: Start preparing the youtube series while finishing off a few EP’s in various states of progress/decay. After those there is still plenty more to do to get this year rolling for reals.

5 Likes

I have a five track EP well on its way to being arranged and a concept for a second EP.

3 Likes