Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Count me in
I need a little fire under my commitment.
1st, get broken RYTM fixed.
Then I’ll finish what I had brewing

1 Like

I’ve got nothing so far, tbh I haven’t made the time but my back up plan if I don’t have anything by December is to record myself on the modular for 45min, release it and call it ‘ambient’

3 Likes

Wassup elektronheads, glad to say I could follow through and get something out this year, an album I wrote and recorded when I unfortunately got Covid back in March. Luckily I wasn’t too sick that I couldn’t take advantage of having a whole week with nothing to do but makes tunes.
Got really into trying to master it myself and generally get better at mixing/recording as a whole…very likely still sounds shit but frankly I’m having a grand ole time makin techno so not terribly concerned. Will get better over time I’m sure.
This was made with my beloved octatrack and dfam combo, with some random stuff done in ableton tossed in.
Thanks in advance for any listens, :metal:

2 Likes

Hey maybe weird as I accidentally ran into you on another forum (a long long time ago) buuut, (not a stocker) I was listening to the newest release as well as going back to the first one just today and I wanted to take some time out to say your music has always been brilliant and i’m such a huge fan. Back to the Young God Philosopher days to now. People don’t get to hear that very often but wanted you to know how much I love it. Cheers and thank you.

4 Likes

I released what will probably be my last cinematic/ambient album for a little while this year, as I hope to explore some new sonic landscapes as we move into 2023.

This is my latest for anyone interested!

3 Likes

Many thanks Mateo for the good words ! Just saw you are from Kansas City … we had a tremendous time playing at THE PISTOLS, one of my best memory touring US… Have a great Sunday

2 Likes

My friends invited me to their studio to perform some of my new songs! Here is the first track, and there are more to come. I’m pretty happy with how they turned out! :smiley:

2 Likes

Another bonus one. This time with Soma Ether as the only sound source into DT and Bitwig:

2 Likes

Officially out today! Also received our copies of the vinyl this morning and they’re pretty nice! (Got the cd’s last week.) I promise the next time I post something about my music in this thread it’ll be for a different release, ha!

15 Likes

love the design/art! must check out! (and well done!)

2 Likes

Thank you! We were really lucky to have Finnish cartoon artist Tommi Musturi do the cover for us. I think it works great for our flavour of psych/folk/prog.

2 Likes

SAMIM & MICHAL - Dini Papi EP

19 years after Samim&Michal released their debut EP ‘Dini Mueter’, the two musicians – by now well into fatherhood – are back with ‘Dini Papi’ EP.

Agazgu is a trip through an alien rainforest.
The percussive jam Chak establishes contact between brain and hips.
Zini is spacious minimal techno inspired by vast interplanetary voids.
credits
released July 22, 2022

artwork by Sintić
grafics by Völlm + Walthert
mastering by Michal Ho

6 Likes

Hello folks,

Whilst this isn’t a commercial release as such, I’ve made a track available publicly on Soundcloud for the first time with my new project.
The intention is to definitely have it out by the end of 2022, but hopefully we will have a limited edition 10” vinyl out on an interested label before Xmas.

So, taking steps, and this thread has been a great motivator overall.

Hope you like the track!

4 Likes

Gratuliere :slight_smile:
Any hints on the production, hardware used?

1 Like

As mentioned previously in this thread I’ve been building my bandcamp. It is now open! There’s 22 pieces up there now. Two 30 minute sets which were performed live in public with audiences, one harsh noise type thing I did for a split with my buddy and 19 songs. I have many more songs in the can and I am recording tonight’s set at Bar House. I also never stop. Interested parties can expect a new release every Friday until I die. Small disclaimer: To go back to the beginning is to go back to the beginning of me fucking with electronic music. Some of that shit is not even close to ‘professional’ sounding but I don’t care. The world can have it all.

9 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Thanks buddy and thanks double for starting this thread :0)

2 Likes

I have been participating in a weekly modular challenge to record one track and so far helping me develop my workflow efficiently for recording to my DAW.

Sounds top! Right up my alley.

1 Like

Great to hear, thanks for the comment!