Your Commitment to Releasing Something in 2022

Just catching up on some of the stuff in here. Really great to see some of the work that has come out of this!

Personally, I have actually started working on some stuff which I’m pretty pleased with. Still aiming small with an EP, but should get one done. I also wrote an actual song (rather than electronic music) for a band I recently joined yesterday. I’ve not written a ‘song’ in probably 15 years! Trying to make music making a habit as, although I love it, I am a terrible procrastinator.

3 Likes

Someone just sent some money for the songs I uploaded to bandcamp above (you can get them free). Well chuffed - feel like a professional musician now :grinning:

13 Likes

Still haven’t got any further on my EP, but one of my tracks did end up on this, which I guess kind of counts:

Still planning on doing my EP, plus I have one track towards another project.

3 Likes

How it’s going…stolen from the memes and fries thread :sweat_smile:
EP

8 Likes

That was me! I know it wasn’t much, but I’m really pleased to hear that you’re so happy about it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Talk about feeling chuffed, @FreddyUnreal just shared one of my homemade memes in the wild. I’m honored.

This meme, like so many of my creations, is largely autobiographical.

5 Likes

Really pleased someone wants to listen to it at all! Encouraged me to share with family and friends too now which I don’t normally do. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m really chuffed to hear that. You should definitely share with those close to you. I hope they enjoy it too.

2 Likes

Haha glad to add to your confidence. Twas quite the good meme. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m still committed to releasing some music this year (not just memes) so the confidence boost helps, thank ya :pray:

1 Like

Just dropped a single with my voice on it

I produce as Vulpes Vulpes but I do vocal stuff on my own beats sometimes as Tony Bullets… idk why at this point haha :man_shrugging:t5:

But that’s three down so far this year and I’m hoping to get another 3-track out by the end of the month

Not too bad considering I only had 2 releases in 2021 and 1 in 2020!

I am absolutely exhausted but I think it’s worth it to streamline my idea > published song timeline. And the practice is good because honestly releasing music properly feels like it’s own artform

This track is mostly samples run through the AR and the FabFilter VST suite for processing. Also lead Propellerhead VST synth at the end alongside a Dual VCO lead. Everything recorded the processed through the AR via overbridge!

6 Likes

Yo this is dope! Super dreamy vibes.
And congrats on another release!

1 Like

Thank you!

Getting this one out on time was a messy affair. It’s inspired by a Batman story from 2010 and I wanted it to drop today with the movie but I didn’t have the art/video ready to push it on socials.

Had to do it anyways though! Every release informs the next so I’ll be ready next time.

Oof, ya know, as I type this I am just now realizing the irony of dropping a Batman themed song and not being prepared lolll

2 Likes

I totally agree. I’ve had cover art commissioned literally the night before release cuz the first artist jumped ship last minute. :sweat_smile: But I got it out anyways.

Sometimes it’s just better to push the song out and move on to the next one, even if the release is messy.

And yea that is kinda ironic :laughing:

1 Like

If Uli could get those chips maybe he’ll release something this year.

1 Like

Got off my butt and put out a single. That was finished last September, just been busy putting out other things that were finished before, changing day jobs, and starting a side business. But I realized it’s been 6 months and this should get out at some point.

5 Likes

OK so a total lack of time to make music visualisers holding up releasing an EP is a bit mental—it’s about the music :musical_note::notes:

This is my first real attempt to make an EP so please be gentle with me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 tracks from ambient beats up to breaks. Any production tips greatly received. The gear used is in the blurb, but each track is based on a single pattern :control_knobs:

Cobbled together some flat artwork and hope to make some visualisers and post those to insta soon :art:

Happy to get this out. Feels like a small but satisfying achievement :raised_hands:

7 Likes

What gear did you use for it?

I released this EP with two ‘floaty’ house tracks one month ago. It’s my first music that doesn’t come completely out of a DAW, instead I used the Digitakt for drums, percussion and bass. The synths/pads do still come out of a digital box. Hopefully one day I’ll be able to get some nice hardware synths as well.

To me the Digitakt is just perfect to throw down some house-like rhythms and get a good foundation going. So I’m really happy to finally release some real music with it. I’ve had the Digitakt since last summer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No hardware on this one, I might have written the chords on a Rev2, but most of the time if I do that I just reprogram the sound on the Diva VST.

In this case, the main chord stabs are Diva VST going through 2 or 3 different delay busses that I’m varying the mix of throughout the song (all Valhalla Delay). Drums are just FL Studio’s built in drum machine FPC. Bassline is Phoscyon handling the top part with Sytrus (FL Studio’s FM synth) doing sub reinforcement. The arp is a preset from the Korg M1 VST. The chords that come in in the latter half are a modified version of the Diva sound. The lead that comes in near the end is a modified preset from Hive. And every one of those sounds is mixed within an inch of it’s life, distortion, widening, EQ, compression, a few reverb sends and other background FX, and kickdrum ducking everywhere.

1 Like