Your Classics in terms of construction (arrangement)?

Love simple.

2 Likes
1 Like

Exactly the tune I was going to post! It does everything I could wish for in a slice of electro. Perfect pacing and arrangement. I never grow tired of it.

1 Like

Easy ones. So much movement, surprises, and ear candy.

I hope this guy makes more music. I always loved his lush arrangement and melancholic sounds.

I don’t know what can top this for so many various textures and moods combined into one song.

I would also say Tim Hecker is a master of arrangement, in the way that some of his albums are like one large continuous work, each song seamlessly moving to the next.

iamamiwhoami, masters of electronic sounds with classic pop structures and vocals. no filler on this album. seems made with so much love.

2 Likes
1 Like

But seriously

:cry:
2 Likes
2 Likes

The intro to this is magic aint it?
Sounds like they’re flicking/pressing the tape or reels as it passes to create trills!

Maybe not, I don’t know… But I used to get similar results when id take the strain off my copycat then ping it back…

Brilliant!

1 Like

Ozric Tentacles — Coily

Ubar Tmar — Rhythmism 6
(actually, the whole album is just brilliant)
[blasphemy alert] Takeshi Isogai is far more genial than your favorite Aphex Twin

Can — Halleluhwah

The Birthday Party — Nick The Stripper

The Cure — The Hanging Garden (how they played it live in mid 80s)

Dog Faced Hermans (my favorite 90s band) — Jan 9

Cassandra Complex — One Millionth Happy Customer

Der Dritte Raum — Trommelmaschine (Voodoo Remix)

AC/DC — too hard to select
Swans — too hard to select
also i have a feeling that Sisters Of Mercy and Fields Of The Nephilim should be on the list too. especially Sisters Of Mercy, since Floodland is my favorite 80s album.

3 Likes

Fibonacci innit.

By far the best example of a track that gets deeper and more affecting the slower and more broken it gets.

Nothing beats this album in terms of compositional originality. I’ve listened to it about a million times and it’s still a mystery to me how it works.

Perfection.

Best rearrangements of other people’s work.

1 Like
2 Likes

Gerald Mitchell, Rolando

2 Likes