Your biggest gripes,problems and disappointments with the MnM?

My biggest gripe is that they’re not making them anymore.

2 Likes

So true, well put. Someone really weird designed the A4 structure. It’s like a non synth person got involved in the OS and made saving and opening sounds a laborious task. Same with the ot, just plain silly OS ideas.

But then again it culddt be my brain, as I am someone who turned on the mono, first go, and just got it.

Same as when I sat down in front of a gaint Buchla and just went this is amazing; this is so easy; I get it right away.

I don’t use song mode. On the OT I often use the tempo multipliers per track so I can get long chord sequences while I have faster stuff happening on the other tracks, and also do the same with track lengths. I don’t care too much about microtiming or conditional trigs, as there are ways around them, but there’s no way to do individual track lengths on the monomachine without using arpeggiator hacks.

Oh I get you, I used to do that. Slow down one track. :vulcan_salute:
Guess I just slow it all down in the mono at 30 bmp, use the arp up high on some tracks or just generally record each track and on the fly jams into ableton.

Besides no Ctr-All function or streamlined kit reload (both sackable offences), not much.
I reckon I’d still pick it over a Digitone.

1 Like

Same here. The simple fact you can stack tracks is enough for me. You can stack 2 tracks and get 2 delay engines and 6 lfo’s. You can go further by routing those into a neighbour track with some fx on it. It’s a mini modular setup in a box. One of the most underrated and best boxes Elektron has produced.

1 Like

Yea, Neighbor routing is one thing I loved about the MM, and is missing on the DN.

Fortunately, I have my OT for those moments of experimentation when only a long chain of neighbor tracks will suffice.
And now with conditional lock trigs acting as modulators, it will probably be more crazy.

2 Likes

I absolutely hated the engine based method of making music and designing sound- it made me anxious as I mostly picked the engines near randomly. I’d be in the middle of designing a sound, and then switch the engine and even then wouldn’t be satisfied with the sound

1 Like