You can only have one instrument while on holiday. What would you take?

Yea it’s a tough call. If I’m going on a sampling bender the blackbox for sure.

If I want to create interesting sounds that keep me busy I would grab the DN.

OP-1 is a no-brainer but yea it’s def something that I prefer to sample but I can make due with it for sure on a short vacation.

So yea…totally agreed on the mood part.

2 Likes

I am faced with this decision since I’ll be traveling to the east coast to spend the holidays with my gfs family. I’ve decided upon taking my electribe sampler 2. Being able to run on batteries gave it the bump over my digitakt. It’s been mostly gathering dust since I got the digitakt so I’m excited to rediscover what I used to love about this thing.

2 Likes

25key keyboard and cubase 10.5 in my laptop

3 Likes

Zoom f1.
I find I’m usually busy exploring and vacationing, so I never spend a lot of time on my DT when I bring it. On my last trip I got a TON of awesome samples though with the f1. So if I had to choose 1 it would be the recorder.
If that doesn’t count then the dt for sure

4 Likes

I would take the DN.

2 Likes

I would also take the DN. Or maybe the DT, but one of them. Add a portable battery and you can even go outside and play!

When I bring the DT, I also have my H4n in the bag, for field recording and possibly track recording.

With DN, I bring a PO-33 little sampler for beats.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve owned an OP-1 for a decade and, as such, I’ve taken it all over. great little piece of gear to have along on a trip. unfortunately, every time it’s traveled I either didn’t use it at all (most times) or didn’t do anything useful with it. so the last time we traveled, I brought a Digitone and Volca Sample. good combo. tons of fun. but again… barely used 'em.

I say enjoy the trip and leave the music machines at home. put in quality time with your gf’s parents/family. you may learn something about them, her, yourself, etc… trips are an escape, even if you’re not that stoked on where you’re going or who you’re seeing. utilize it. and if all else fails and you’re sick of everyone/everything and just want to go home… catch up on sleep.

9 Likes

Digitakt for sure

1 Like

Good point.

Bringing some portable recorder for some field recording can be a good activity :slight_smile:

1 Like

octatrack for me

Last vacation I had a monomachine with me, next will be the deluge.

1 Like

SP-303 no hesitation

1 Like

Moog One…:lying_face:

3 Likes

Mpc Live. I initially thought Ipad but too many apps on it destroy my focus

2 Likes

Ha. I’m heading into Austin too, to spend Christmas/NE with the wife’s parents. Must be a thing! Can’t make up my mind between Digitone and Octatrack…

1 Like

Blackbox. And I’d wish for the ghost of J Dilla to haunt me.

8 Likes

Vintera Jag

3 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

The extra weight put me off OT for travels

1 Like

So with all the single cycle wave forms and the resampling, I’d either bring the Digitakt, 1010blackbox or just my laptop with Ableton, Renoise, Native Instruments.

1 Like