YES a real analog Compressor, but which one? Drawmer? Elysia?

I know that the cheapest ones can be an issue…but most of the available racks, at the moment, are possible to have issues…especially because the type of power supplying (I know this because I have spoked with an electrical engineer and designer who revealed this sad true reality)
I mean: better to choose linear power supply instead of switching ones.
My first rack is an IGS Panzer 500, 10 slots. It is hosting Elysia modules and the
“higher quality ones”.
Fredenstein will host DIYRE modules, and they will be my “bench tools” in testing this rack.
If you’re still interested I’ll let you know any experience with it. If something goes wrong I still have 30 days to give it back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes put it through its paces. I will not buy a rack yet because it could be awesome. In the meantime my Stam Audio SSL G 4000 compressor is being built and I’ve got a rodec restyler for character.

Thank you

1 Like

haven’t heard good things about the lindell boxes but my API 6b has been stellar going on almost 3 years of continuous use with xfilter + xpressor

don’t cheap out on power, same goes for euro. everyone told me the tip top uzeus is fine but that piece of shit had the worst noise floor i’ve ever experienced and got hot as f*ck after short use. went through 2 or 3 of them before getting a 4ms row power and it has been perfect from day 1.

not worth it for me to risk damage or waste time trouble shooting, just give me the most reliable option.

Hey, anyone using old dbx 166 ?

1 Like

Yes i have this dbx 166 XL have a sidechain insert i use it with DSI Evolver for basslines and do the job. also is super cheap compared with what we`re looking here.

1 Like

Old dbx 166 , not xl, and not A. Thnks, i know is cheap, should i start a new topic?

Ohhhh yeah… the Symetrix arrived! Drums will get smashed soon.

3 Likes

the symetrix… sounds like oldschool… warm & punchy!

Mate you have a soundcloud demo yet? Man I love my clarett 8 pre. Very transparent . I use the red 3 compressor plugin a lot too.

2 Likes

sorry to hijack this thread, but what rack is that? would you recommend it. i’m looking for an 8U, not sure whether to get a cabinet or something much cheaper.

1 Like

yo… no problem… it is cheap and solid…
here is the link to the rack:

no demo of the symetrix… but i can say… the elysia plays in a other universe :wink:

but you can listen to some tracks of me here:

1 Like

i just ordered one elysia Karakter… i am infect by the elysia influenca.

1 Like

I am peanut butter and jealous. :joy:

2 Likes

thanks, looks solid, pretty cool that it’s actually 9U!

How’s your testing coming along? There’s a used xpressor 500 series module going for 700US…I might bite.

Tests are good so far…
I’ve compared it against different friend’s compressors.

It is transparent and “modern”.
And I like the different exotic features it has: Negative Ratios - Warm Mode - Gain Reduction Limiter…
Do you mean 700US for a 1U rack version right?

The Elysia is a allrounder. It is easy to handle and it is very discrete. the warm function is beautiful on tracks. the transparence of the Expressor is unique. I really love it on the master bus and drum bus. but I think I need one more colorful compressor in my studio… I am thinking about to get also a Empirical Labs Fatso - EL7X

has anyone experience with this Hardware?

1 Like

700US for the module. I was going to build a lunchbox with the xpressor and a karacter module. Still waiting for your review on that lunchbox you bought.

Why don’t you run the karacter before the xpressor? That should do the same thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like