YES a real analog Compressor, but which one? Drawmer? Elysia?

Lounge which model?

edit:

they also have a stereo version (two channel) multichannel compressor, but the one to find is the specially designed for “multiband” compressor.

essentially gives six separate channels each targeting a different eq band, each with its own compressor. therefore spendy, even second hand, but anyway…

essentially achieves the same thing as this Drawmer multiband tube compressor
http://www.midi-store.com/Drawmer-S3-Multi-Band-Stereo-Tube-Compressor-p/sku19155.htm

That’s the model I was thinking of. I wait until June when people stop spending their tax refund on gear and the market will be lower. Man that is pretty sweet.

1 Like

Hey… first i bought the eq. i like it…

My Interface is Thunderbolt Focusrite 8Pre
the Hardware is directly connected to the interface.
so i can use it in Ableton with the “external audio effect” and i can choose the order like.

I use it mostly like that:

1. xFilter
  2. xPressor
  3. Analog Heat

but i think i will sell my AH and get the elysia Karakter.
maybe first i buy the Karakter and than i will decide if i sell AH.

1 Like

very interesting

4 Likes

I would never sell AH to substitute it with a Karacter (even if I like Elysia a lot since I have Nvelope-500 Xpressor-500 and Xfilter-500).
AH has so many features that you can use it and blend tonal control a lot !

Regarding Pultec EQP style there are a lot of alternatives…all depends from your budget…I loved the Retro 2A3…but it costs…alot!
In my series 500-rack I have an IGS Audio RB500ME which is nice and “in-face” sounding.

1 Like

In the run up to the AH release everyone was talking and comparing and then someone posted this video:

I would totally go for the Karacter before an AH. The AH is nice and comes with nice features. But IMO, it can’t keep up with the Karacter. The Karacter keeps things in order however hard you push it whereas the signal starts to fall apart in the AH. It’s a beautiful box; I’d love one.

What’s the difference between a compressor and dynamics module?

kind of off topic but whatevs.

OKPK what rack are you using for your modules?

1 Like

not really sure I understood your asking…anyway: a compressor is a kind of dynamics processor

It’s a Lindell 510 Mk1 http://www.lindellaudio.se/510-power.html
Had an API 500-6 but outgrew it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

SSL sells separate compressor modules and dynamics modules so I thought they are two different effects

I’m trying to do a two module build of xpressor and karacter. I want to stop there. I really don’t want to build a shelfors channel. Really don’t. Will a 3 slot rack handle my xpressor and karacter needs?

Dynamics module…might be the one which has both compressor and expander…

Sorry if I was stupid in answering…dunno which level of knowledge is around…sorry again

Buy a six…come on!
an eq is always useful…:slight_smile:
Otherwise you can buy an HRK C2584 which is a single slot dual channel equippable with Colour modules

BTW…those Elysia 500 are dual slot each…so you need a 4 slot rack

1 Like

The Elysia stuff is fully 500-series compliant, so you’ll be fine with any rack unit they fit in.

1 Like

Uh oh. So get a six and some shelford modules? Ok I’m leaning towards an R6.

Those Elysia module vids on YouTube are barely touching the surface

Keep in mind the prices…I am going to receive a Fredenstein Bento 6S which cost me €333. It should be the cheapest around…if you’re interested I’ll let you know how it behaves compared to an IGS Panzer 500 which is a linear amplifier power supply

1 Like

I’ll wait for your review that’s a good amount of savings.

This was from an email response from Elysia this morning:

"Thank you very much for your email and your interest in our 500 series modules.

Regarding a suitable rack, I would advise against getting the cheapest ones. The reason is simple, as we get the most problem reports caused by racks (power supply) with Lindell and Fredenstein racks.

Like so often, it seems to pay off starting with the good stuff right from the start. This being said, maybe a 6 slot lunchbox would be the right one for you, as it would give you space for the xpressor and karacter 500 and you’d still have 2 slots extra if you wanted to add a stereo EQ or so at a later point.

For example, the 6 slot frames by API and Neve are good, and we never have any issues reported with these"