WTF supwit OT & MIDI to TRIGGER units?

@ neilbaldwin, thanks for the follow up. no worries there.

@ multiman, that is really scary! midi bugs really need to be squashed quickly to avoid massive disappointment, i havn’t noticed anything like that myself, the midi clock and transport is turned off on my machine for the purpose of troubleshooting at the moment. Did you try resetting the machine? reloading the OS?
these are thr first things i would do in your case, after backing up of course

i hope its not a midi bug

There’s definitely something going on.
I have a midi controller connected to my audio interface and routed to the OT from there using Ableton.
As soon as I turn on EXT sync in Ableton, MIDI notes start to get dropped intermittently.
This sucks :frowning:

PS. Oddly enough, as soon as I press play on the OT, starting the OT and Live playback, the dropouts stop.

Hello,
any news on the topic (from the Elektron side)?
Has it been fixed already with a firmware update?

I am in contact with Elby Midi 2SDS - he can / will fix the issue with a software update as Erica Synth did with there midi to trigger module…

thanks
ron

PS:

Has the Monomachine the same behavior sending the Midi data as the OCTATRACK?

Howdy y’all,

This is definitely not an bug on the Elektron side. As others have stated, it has to do with MIDI Running Status. Octatrack formats its note off data as ‘Note On Velocity 0’. If your other gear is not responding as it should, it’s because it’s interpreting that message incorrectly.

One solution is to use a MIDI Solutions Event Processor and use the following settings:

Hope this helps!