Writing to CF card without a computer

So in my attempt to try understand the multiple facets of the Octrack, I dived a bit into the recording part and due to the RAM constraint, you have basicly between 5 min (24 bits) to 8 min (16 bits) of internal recording that the OT can one shot. The next best solution is to have an external recorder and record long enough musical parts and put them back to the OT CF card via a laptop.

That was until I discovered that the Akai Force can directly write into the CF card of the OT without passing through an computer. Which other external gear/groovebox could do the same? Akai MPC One/Live/X line? Maybe the SP404 mk2? Some specific recorder with an USB mode?

1 Like

I will need confirmation of an user but it seems that the Zoom Livetrack 12 can write project to an USB key so should be able to write to the Octatrack CF card in USB mode. This opens the field of intersting OTB combo that allows to record and write back to the OT :smiley:

EDIT: however it ssems you can’t save the audio files in specific folders and the L12 will create a automatic ZOOM_L12 folder in the usb “key”.

I was able to do it with MPC LIVE at one point. I don’t see any reason why that would have changed but there have been many OS updates since then. Will have to check with my MPC One.
Here is the original thread:

1 Like

Audio files have to be in active SET to be accessible. Maybe a workaround would be name the set with the same “ZOOM_L12” name.

1 Like