Wow Craigslist is on its way back... its got stuff I haven't seen in a long time... Reverb Shenanigans are coming home to roost

Only bidder and awesome deal on my last OT off eBay like that. Octotrack, I was shocked and had some explaining to do to my better half.

1 Like

I’ve seen elektron stuff misspelled often, easy to do especially if you’re posting in a hurry with the auto correct on

1 Like

Not saying you’re wrong, but goodness, what’s the rush when posting a listing for hundreds of dollars’ worth of gear??

I don’t know… I never rush when posting gear, but I’ve found many deals by folks who did rush, spelling elektron with a c etc…

2 Likes

There was a “sintakt” for sale here in the last couple of weeks. I don’t think it went unnoticed though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I peaked at SF Craigslist from time to time when I lived in Seattle, and it seemed amazing.

I sold a few things in SF, but the best thing I got off of SF Craigslist was a Zoom MS-70CDR for $75.

Seattle Craigslist punches well above its weight, much like the rest of Seattle.

2 Likes

Yea I think it’s more likely the failing economy than the result of a handful of unhappy Reverb users posting on Elektronauts.

1 Like

I thought it was do to the new tax regs for reverb and ebay?

1 Like

ain’t no party like a craigslist party cause a craigslist party got it goin on…

2 Likes

You’re welcome. My list is superior, if I do say so myself.

6 Likes

Have you got a Monomachine for under a grand by any chance

1 Like

Should do. I’ll have a look out the back.

2 Likes

This crazy person has been trying to sell their entire modular collection in one go on the Boston-area Craigslist since at least the beginning of October, when their asking price was like $12k or more. They probably could have sold everything by now if they’d been willing to sell modules individually. I’m waiting for them to get down to like $5k. :wink:

Generally the music instrument section is very guitar/rock focused, with a lot of orchestral stuff in the mix as well. Every now and then some cool old gear pops up though. I got a Lexicon Reflex for cheap a while back.

1 Like

Swear to goodness people wanting to sell their entire rack boggle the mind, there’s usually barely a discount, it’s usually not say, a specific manufacturer’s purpose-driven selection but a grab bag of stuff that is mostly not in demand.

Always stated as quite “firm” for a bunch of general purpose modules.