Would this work?!

GREAT !!! really great!

1 Like

Forgive me on the poor quality. Iā€™ve never recorded myself playing before.

(I donā€™t know what caused that buzz part, probably some part of the range of the LFO that caused something. Possibly that and the length of the midi notes. But it works, and it is cool)

3 Likes

I will say this. I tried to use an LFO within the MDUW to keep things simple, and I donā€™t know what happened, but within the changing patterns and kits the midi note jumped up to a different spot after a little while. It was just simpler to have the OT be in charge of that setting to keep it consistent.

sweet stuff man! great ! thanks for vid. ā€¦ i still only understand half of whats going on but I like it : )

1. Youā€™ve got a midi joiner. The MDUW and the OT goes into the the input of it, the output goes into the MDUW in.

2. Midi map different patterns in a bank across a midi scale.

3.use a track for a midi machine to trigger the different patterns.

1. Assign a midi CC for the midi note on the OT, and assign a midi LFO to that value.

(At this point you should be able to play random patterns by either programming it in, or by live pressing the track trigger)

1. To have it be performed at random times, use conditional trigs on the A4 by plugging a cable from A4ā€™s CV to MDUW input and configure MDUW input to trigger the midi track!

Itā€™s as easy as that! :smiley:

2 Likes

science bitch!

: )

1 Like

Duuuuuuude! I just figured out what I want to use that other trigger input for!

Ram Record :slight_smile:

1 Like

Uuuyyyhhhh sweeeeet

How did you set up the Midi channels on the different machines for this setup? Is the Monomachine also getting triggerd externally or is it just playing along? Nice video! Didnā€™t find your thread at first but this is kind of what I want to buildā€¦ a little different. (I have a R&W Midi Command which I want to add to this kind of setup also my Monomachine is being triggered by the OTā€™s Midi data)

For this project, the MnM is just playing the same pattern. I think the best results might come from sending basslines through a midi channel of the MDUW to sync music to melody.

To answer your questions of the midi: just fill up a bank with random patterns(I used a lot of beats in between 1/2 beats in the bank I aimed for(the LFO had too broad a range, and was pulling a pattern from Banl A) the original beat will begin immediately after the fill pattern ends, so you can throw things off on the pattern quite well quite quickly with odd length-ed fill patterns. The only real midi going on is Thebesā€™s single midi channel on the MDUW circling back into itself, and the OT midi LFO alternating the midi note(it CAN be done on the MDUW, but if your circulating through different kits and patterns thereā€™s too much a likelihood that the midi note will get thrown off and youā€™re pulling patterns from elsewhere if at all)

Thatā€™s the only midi going on in this project, the CV of the Analog 4 goes into the MDUW input set to trigger the midi channel. All the control is being done between the MDUW and the OT and the A4 is merely determining when those patterns will be triggered

Thanks alot for the infoā€¦ Iā€™ll try it out later.

I am thinking of also mapping out the midi CCs on my Bitstream so I can control the MDā€™s sound fromt he OT. I will also try if its possible that my AR gets trigged alongside the MD with the same trigs. Iā€™ve tried all day to make the AR receive pattern change events but it seems that this is not possible with the current firmware.

Yeah, that sucks about the AR. The direct change function is a step in the right direction, but to access that seems a bit too complicated as is!

Keep me updated!

are you using your MDUW in classic mode to prevent random kit changes from happening? I am thinking about redoing all my kits to have the same setup on the last 4 tracks so i can have my RAM R/P, MID and CTRL-AL machines on all tracks so i can also allow kits to constantly changeā€¦

Extended mode. Though, I didnā€™t p-lock anything, so it might as well have been Classic mode. The midi was pretty simple, the only kit changes were just on the diff kits on the various patterns circulated through

its cool to change to classic mode while the MD is doing random stuff to hold that kit for a bit and then switching to ext mode again for a new kit to be loadedā€¦ if you hit a sweet spot you can freeze it by switching to classic modeā€¦

1 Like

how do you route the MID machines output to trig internally? or are you sending it back into the MD from the MIDI OUT and back into the merger?

Ohā€¦ I get it nowā€¦ I misread your post aboveā€¦

1 Like

Yep. Thatā€™s it

your drums sound close to aaronā€™s

i think the key to this is 200-300bpm

4 Likes

i think the key to this is 200-300bpm

This, working the MD at double resolution!

i think i will need to build an extra bank of patterns for thisā€¦ its going totally nuts on my patterns :smiley:

what LFO depth value are you using on the OT? i plan on using patterns 1-16 in bank Aā€¦ when 127 = pattern 1-128 the values for pattern 1-16 should be 15,875ā€¦ however there are still patterns from bank E being triggeredā€¦ - Just figured out that I have to set the range in the midi note being generated from the OTā€¦ Now the MD stays in the range of A1-A16

also how have you set your gate and sens values for the MID machine?

have you tried using the ARP to drive the CVā€™s coming from the A4?