Would there be interest in some MD science lab?

Greets!
just thought to ask you 'Nauts if you would be interested in some MD science labs on a REGULAR BASIS?
would there be people who would participate?
if you have interest in this idea,write here,and we(the community) can make up something…
me,personally,i would be more than happy if this would start,and(even more) if people would participate!!..dont be shy…you probably know more from you MD than me…(and we are All here to learn-share experiences)… of course i will try,and participate too :wink:

i know that most of the people bought newer Elektron gear,but im sure there is a big handfull of people still worshiping MD(like myself):wink:
i dont have much time,but i could def make some for this…
let me know what you think…any ideas-suggestions?
Cheers!
c.

6 Likes

Don’t have an MD but bumping in support of your good idea! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey! I’m an often lurker, and rare poster, but I would love to participate. I currently wouldn’t have much to contribute unfortunately… and really that’s why I’d like to participate. That Rui Peixoto ‘IDM in a box!’ video is one of the better tutorials I’ve seen that go beyond the basic functionality videos ala Elektron. I would love to try out other users’ techniques that they have found to broaden my understanding of the depths of this thing. The Tarekith guide is awesome, but some active community participation would be awesomer. Not sure of how the lab would be implemented, but sign me up!

4 Likes

terrific idea! :slight_smile: what sort of labs do you have in mind?

i was never much for pure academics or wacky experiments, but i wouldn’t mind working with others on specific aspects of groove production.

• creating a production-quality drum line while paying particular attention to, for example, the hats.
  • or build a line that incorporates a given compositional approach. ex., must create some elements by resampling with the RAM machines and mix everything together well.
  • create a line that includes effective melodic parts (bass, leads &/or chords) out of well-chosen, well-sculpted 1-cycle waves.
  • or focus on using the compressor to make the groove breathe.

… anyway that’s the sort of thing i’d get into. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Id like to take part in this, I dont know how you organise it but let me know, thanks.

I like dubathonics suggestions and I just looked at Rui Peixoto youtube vid, very useful, both of them.

2 Likes

I’d love to do it, but I don’t have a UW so I’d prefer it be purely engine specific.

The old yahoo group did a couple that limited you to a specific machine (efm-cowbell, etc.) I always thought it’d be fun to do more like that. The sound shaping on it is so powerful it’s fun trying to get a whole song of sounds from one starting point.

1 Like

I’d be interested.

1 Like

Hi Nauts i like to participate… seeing the science lab as a place to share techniques and push the limits…… i like to work in a more practical way as @dubathonic suggests. Maybe constructing a small track with dif elements…. i like to include this as a suggestion for the MD Science Labs! good vibes!

a) Polyrythms on MD
b) use of GND machines to make bass and percussion
c) CTRL8 machines

3 Likes

Wooow…Thanks Everyone who answered!!!
think it would be great to make something constant…like that a lab is always running,there are NO gaps inbetween…if one stops,that means that a new one starts…
to be honest i had nothing in mind,but today thought it over and i think we could make something like votes for the uploaded tracks,and the winner could make the next rules,like they do in some other forums.(or other idea how to make it?)
it just makes it easier on deciding how to “tie the hands” :wink: ,and on the constant thing i mentioned before…cause its crucial IMHO.
we should decide on a Science Lab structure,and start to build around it…(if you guys are in of course…)
is you interested?
it really would be something…the main nerve…
what you say?

So how long of an interval between “assignments” were you thinking?

Good question…No idea Masa…say 3 weeks…or monthly…dont know…what do you say would be a proper time to let it run?
and no samples,to give chance to the non-UW users out there to join…
could run 2 version of the Science…one sample based,and one with no sample,only internal synthesis…
maybe im thinking too big here…YOU guys tell me…-am i??
would there be interest to start something like this?

I’d be well up for taking part.

1 Like

Happy to hear Apmbpm!

Hi to all,have md uw+ and very interested in this idea!!

1 Like

would be down to participate as well! md uw+ here that doesn’t get used nearly enough these days. would love some inspiration.

1 Like

Hi @Novel and @theeattre! Glad that you are in as well!!since we have +2 UW users here :wink: ,i have to ask…
would you guys be interested to do some sample based science too?
im convinced that we should make one for the non-UW users here,but maybe we could start something sample based too(just an idea)…if there is interest for this…is there?
would the 3 weeks-1 month be too long?tell me your opinion on the ideas i had for this science!what would you change?and what would you recommend instead?
or have any other ideas we should try here?
Cheers!
c.

No guarantees that I’ll participate but I’m glad to spectate.

1 Like

I have a UW MKII also, but I suppose logic implies that we may get better participation if we stick to the non-UW stuff for a bit. But I do really want dive into the sampling functions more at some point…

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea !
I’m one of the “handful of users”
I have the later UW version, so either science lab is useful.
Had not spectated nor posted in a while , but this could keep the creativity flowing.
Monthly or every 2 months ( or quarterly? ) seems manageable for busy folks. !

This box will be much more appreciated over time​:slightly_smiling_face::robot:

1 Like

Yo @mas_akala @SolitaryScience !
im really glad that more and more peoplez show their interest in some science on a regular basis!!
its supperduper!!we should do this,and never look back!huge bow Elektronauts!!

to be honest,i think 1 month should be enough though.(sometimes i think even thats a bit long).i work 10 hours every weekday,…abroad,so i guess i qualify as a busy person,and also as a lazy pothead :blush: ,but still think i could make time to participate…2 months,or a quarter year would be waaay too long IMHO…