Worth getting a Monomachine?

Yes

Hey that sounds of great interest, never heard of this trick. What does it do and what do you mean by modding via sysex?

Thanks mate

First synth I ever got, and still the best. Just magic, really. I loaded a ddrum kit the other day, controlled it by the 64 pad push 2, put on some random lfos and a bit of filter and reverb and what have you - instant raster notion at the touch of a finger. Frigging amazing. :smile:

It’s a bit convoluted to do since neither Ableton or Numerology will send SysEx directly.

I use this iOS app called MIDI Designer (I have it mainly to control my FM synth). In turn, I send CC from Numerology to MIDI Designer to automate the SysEx controllers. To do this, you need to assign to each SysEx fader/knob a second “meta-controller” that will receive CC messages. Kind of tedious to set up, but once it’s done, it works brilliantly! If you have a look at the last few pages of the Monomachine’s manual, all the SysEx strings are laid out.

You can also do this inside a Logic environment, although the way to assign SysEx strings to faders seems to have changed from 9 to X. Couldn’t be bothered to figure it out last time I tried with Logic X since I’m quite happy with MIDI Designer. The advantage in Logic is that each fader can have a CC input and a SysEx output.

If you don’t have an iOS device or twenty bucks to spare, there’s also CTRLR: http://ctrlr.org/

2 Likes