Footswitch adapter for Digi/Octo

Hi guys,

I’m working on a device to make cheap amp pedals (costing around $15-20) trigger program changes in Digi. So those footswitch pedals can be used to control Digi while playing keyboard for example.

Got the first ugly prototype working and would really appreciate hearing your feedback.

Here’s the video demoing it: https://youtu.be/kVmgMOMv7Mw

Please let me know (in comments to the video or here) what do you think about or miss in the prototype.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Interesting. Especially small size.
2 stereo inputs for 4 switches, but what about expression pedals?
What kind of midi messages possible?

Power?

Ah, haven’t though about expression pedals, thanks for the tip! Hardware support must be there already, would only need to add it in the software.

Regarding midi possibilities: currently it’s PC, now adding CC. Probably Pitch Band would be cool to have as well with the expression pedal connected, right?

It’s also gonna have upgradable firmware, so upgrades will be be bringing even more features :wink:

Power is from microusb.

1 Like

Usually a pitch bend has 0 position in the middle.
Maybe starting 0 from full toe position or the opposite ?

Yeap. I think it should indeed be always starting from 0 and go either up (positive value) or down (negative) when an expression pedal is pressed. So with two pedals for example you can map one to increase it when pushed and another to decrease, so have the full banding experience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What price point would you be looking at? There’s already almost a suitable product on the market in the Morning Star MC3 which i would see as the main competition.

I know an Elektron product that can send Program Changes cheaper that MC3 : Analog Drive! I paid it 89€.

You can program 16 messages per switch. Midi lfos bank selects scrolls. It’s a LOT more than just a switcher box.

2 Likes

I’m targeting on a lower price range, somewhere around $50-70.

Love the Morningstar MC3 btw, such a well built and thought thing!

1 Like

Would you be able to have a “set list” of sorts? I was thinking of doing something similar with an arduino for a friend when they had a digitakt.

What would be the purpose of such list? Would it be for example to define a sequence of MIDI CC commands to execute with a certain interval or something different?

More like an arranger mode of sorts. Have your verse chorus verse chorus bridge outro for their songs

Aha, so for example you program the chain of program change commands, for example:

• Prog 1 (verse)
  • Prog 2 (chorus)
  • Prog 1 (verse)
  • Prog 2 (chorus)
  • Prod 3 (bridge)
  • Prog 4 (outro)

And then pressing a button on a footswitch would go step by step through the chain starting with “Prog 1 (verse)” > press > “Prog 2 (chorus)” > press > “Prog 1 (verse)” > etc. Did I understand correctly?