Working in Games Industry

Awesome.

I’m not good at anything :expressionless:

Again?

[quote=“re5et, post:43, topic:40336”]We’ve done award winning games that you’ve heard of :grinning:
[/quote]

scratches head and thinks about studio

Well… it totally doesn’t surprise me that tracker freaks of the 80s and 90s are sat on this forum! :diddly:

1 Like

Hey cool conversations going on here :slight_smile:

I work as a game-audio / sound designer in the Netherlands at a small company. I have worked on sounddesign for Horizon: Zero Dawn and lots of smaller indie-games (Awesomenauts, Typoman, Swords & Soldiers 2 to name a few)

Nice to see there are others that turned a hobby into profession! My Elektron gear is strictly used at home or on stage though; when I really dont want a screen in my face.

1 Like

Used to play the prequel, Pinball Fantasies a -lot-, a game I worked on was late because of it :smile:

<3 the Stones and Bones table :smiley:

1 Like

…do you need someone that can make bleeps and blops? :smirk: :grin:

mmm…who’s the judge? :grin::smile:

outsourcing mmmaybe? :rolling_eyes:

Maybe , send me a pm .

2 Likes

Been doing various stuff in-house at 2K for nearly 12 years now. Before that I did music for PC games in the 90s.

Been there too. Where were you based?
I was QA localisation in Windsor

Aren’t some of the senior guys @ Teenage Engineering ex DICE?

Not to my knowledge. The teenagers and elektrons were all part of a creative community under the Akne brand, and branched off eventually.

I know all of the founding Dicers. Most of them are still in games, with an exception or two.

However, Dice is sometimes mixed up with Refractions, who built Codename Eagle that spawned Battlefield. I don’t know many of the original refractors and they were based in Stockholm, so it’s possible some might’ve left and gone to do other things.

1 Like

Ah yeah, I’m conflating EA DICE with DICE :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, yes. That shift happened during my time there. I joined Dice but when I left, it had become Dice EA.

Hah, nice to have some guys from the industry in there. I’ve been concept artist/ lead art for some time and I’m somewhat amazed that despite being in a 450+ employees company, I haven’t been able to identify a single other electronic music nerd around. A few musicians but metalheads only (no judgement there :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Them metal folks seem to frequent the video game industry with a fairly high density.

sf bay area

Not likely we crossed path then…

Not sure if it’s appropriate or not to bring this up here, but I was a producer for awhile for a game just released now, called Invector for the PS4. It’s here:

Since it’s related to this thread’s theme on work in the games industry, and it’s a game I’ve recently worked on, and it’s very much tied to music, which this forum is all about, I figured I’d mention it.

Also, I’m very proud of the team and the work they did on this, and I’m glad I was a part of it. After decades in the industry, there are moments where I still just love what I’m doing, no matter if it’s a trifle or a big one. Invector was one of those moments.

1 Like

I used to work as an animator at a place called Moonbot Studios.
We were trying to launch a couple games last year when the studio folded.
The remainder of us launched a new place in Dallas TX, called Flight School Studios.
Working on a couple new games at the moment, and this was our first project at the new digs.

4 Likes

Looks awesome. I’m already liking this.

1 Like

I’ve recently left , taking a break to do my own art / music until my money runs low . Likely to return somewhere late 2018 …

1 Like