Workaround for Track tuning

I was quite upset that I couldn’t fine tune the oscillators on the Digitakt but there’s a simple workaround for it :smiley:.

In the LFO section, set the DEST to Pitch All, Set the wave to EXP, turn the speed down all the way to .01, BPM to 1, and MODE to RETRIG. Then you can adjust the fine tuning of the track with the Depth parameter.

Basically your creating a pitch envelope every retrigger but you set the LFO so slow that it doesnt sweep down and keeps the note constant.

Hope it helps :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

umm isnt this now possible with the ratio offsets though?

maybe, I haven’t updated the OS yet

With the latest OS no workarounds are necessary anymore. It’s now officially supported.

1 Like

That’s a great trick, definitely something I’m gonna use. I kept looking for a fine tune knob, but didn’t find anything. I like to detune a whole sound on certain steps to make chords slightly off or to make high notes “shimmer”, and this workaround’s gonna let me do that :smiley:

2 Likes

Ratio fine tuning is on page 2 of syn1 section :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right @Malarkyk, but if I’m not mistaken, that page is more about shaping the sound than fine tuning the whole note a few semitones up and down. There is no pitch all knob anywhere, I’ve only found it as an LFO destination.

3 Likes

Thanks for the trick, I will try this! I’m pretty uspest because I just get a digitone and it’s hard to incoporporate it in my sample based workflow, a fine pitch knob per track would been perfect. @tnussb u said that workaround is not necessary anymore, you’re talking about the syn1 page 2 ?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like