With 1.60 can we sample in stereo now over USB?

I am interested in this - is it possible to say, play a synth part in Ableton and send the audio from that into the RYTM over USB? Or Sample from youtube? For both cases is the sample in stereo?

Would be a pretty awesome thing if this is the case.

Sampling on the Rytm is like on the Digitakt mono only.

1 Like

Yes, hook it up to your laptop/computer, no need to even leave Overbridge mode. You can pipe anything the computer is playing (such as YouTube) directly and go sampling crazy. But as @tnussb said, the stereo sample will be summed to mono. Still, sounds great once processed with Rytm :slight_smile:

Octatrack owners are very happy.

3 Likes

it’s just not ever going to be possible to playback stereo samples, with left and right channels, down a mono signal path through the filter, overdrive, etc.

1 Like

Octatrack mk3 owners will be very happy. (stereo sampling over USB)

:wink:

1 Like

I use Audacity to split stereo signals then import both sides to 2 tracks on the Rytm. It’s a bit janky but theres tons of sonic possibilities when you start messing with each side independently!

Thanks all. I just thought I’d check. I currently have a 1/4 cable coming out of my fireface for quickly sampling from my PC into the RYTM. Sounds like this will do the same but I don’t even need the 1/4 cable anymore. That’s pretty great!
No stereo is a bit of a bummer, but I did the chords from my last track sampled into the RYTM and it came out pretty cool. I just added stereo FX after to get the width back.

The super fast ability to modulate the sample in real time made it worth it anyway.

You all think Elektron is going to give us a new flagship box soon that would combine maybe the machine drum with the OT, add RYTM analog effects, sample in stereo and have 16 outs?

I just fantasized a little there, sorry! lol

No one outside of Elektron and maybe certain supply chains knows anything!

1 Like

While I would really appricate this, it is very unlikely. My bets are that they continue with the models:xxx series (so not even a Digi format box).

Nevertheless I like their approach of simply improving the “old” boxes and not rushing out new models for each new (firmware) feature like it’s the case with so many other companies.

1 Like

Yeah I REALLY appreciate that they keep updating the hardware. I just also am looking forward to a new flagship device.