Will there be Octatrack MK3 anytime soon?

Trig Counts retrigger envelopes, RTRIG don’t.
Check with HOLD = min, short release.

2 Likes

Thanks, when I checked it before I couldn´t hear the difference so I´ll try with that envelope setting.

The first picture! :smiley:

More control for more dynamic performance.

• Get one finger on Trig Mode and Part.
  • Merge Part and Fill to allow more flexibility :boom: (Part with pattern change or 4 Fill with part params )
  • 8 voice dedicated to selected Track, to bring alive Chromatic, Slots and Slices Mode :notes::notes:.

Connectivity

• add 4 mono aux and 4 mono return.
22 Likes

That’s brilliant. Nice work. If you did that, ofc!

2 Likes

Merci :slight_smile:

Good one :slight_smile: Last time I have heard they now moved to ZIP drives to save some space for addding and AFX Twin button - much like Novation is doing. ??? I smell some factory spying…there si also a Winter button with some Christam bells sounds with sampled chords and snow storms do have endless reverb option, Spring button adding some birds samples and crackling ice sounds etc. … mainly for people with audience who lost track on what they are doing , so to to save the party a press will do…but again, I could be wrong and all this could be just a rumour …

3 Likes

At first I was taken aback by the larger size.

But I do like the layout. Lots of power in one box, but of course that’s also the case on the MK1 and MK2.

I think folks are going to want more outputs, however :sweat_smile:

CV inputs though, nice touch. This box that doesn’t even exist has me excited!

3 Likes

i heard it has analogue stereo multimode filters on the master as well as on an internal mix bus ( a 9th track )

Isn’t the main man behind OT dead due some car accident years ago? And I guess thats something serious to consider. Many folks left since then and Ess is just one of them. Correct me if I am wrong, but the OT is so complex as shit and still far away from anything on the market, that this thing can live its live for many years ahead. Yes, there could be some face lift, but it looks like they are loosing the “ know how and how to “ by loosing people and we can only hope their new hires will bring some super talented folks who can come up with somehing wicked. But for now, I do see just some re-packing of the old gold and good stuff. Elektron is still cool company but with things like the the new 1010 BlueBox . . mixer in perfect from an dshape we all lusted that Elektron deliver …well, .there are also very talented people elswhere … and they all produce some cool stuff…its rough and competitive market out there …no shit … my 5 cents

1 Like

I still love the original rectangle box OT form factor. Just seems so tank-like.

It’s interesting they changed the Tagline on the A4mkii as a ‘tabletop’ synthesiser. Not that everyone goes swimming with their Octatrack mkii, but…

I think Tabletop speaks to ‘studio’ - as do the mkii wings

1 Like

Much too big - a lot of space wasted. I just really don’t want it to become as big as the AR MK2. it should now be possible to keep it the same size and add more features. With the OT I think the current dark grey looks better.

2 Likes

The best thing about imaginary Octatrack mk3 is that everybody can imagine their own perfect design.

5 Likes

Me neither!

16 Likes

Haha exactly :smile:

1 Like

picture “not to scale” haha

1 Like

One is possibly just a little bit exagerated. :lying_face:

2 Likes

why keep 4 parts? kits are better… and should completely scrap rec AB rec CD thing with a simple record button that when pressed asks how long recording should be from where etc and puts it straight into your sample folder… too complicated as is… i forget how to do it every time i want to sample

5 Likes

…no mk3 ever…
…mk2 was already the facelift and nothing more but that…
…never the less, the day of a truu octratrack 2, or whatever the add on tag will be called then, will come…

BUT…i know, even any first new plans in that direction, are not really scheduled yet…

…another BUT…
we can be sure, the day will come…they won’t let their biggest mystical instrument down to let the facelift only mk2 be the last chapter of some discontinued success story…

…and again…
…BUT…whatever the next version of the ot might look like…all expectations could’nt be much higher…so it will be a high price luxury tool for sure…

it will have no ob protocol…cause the next fast lane direct connect to computer concept will come along…and ot might be the first machine to introduce this new ob protocol…
and that’s part of the reason why any new ot release option will also be part of a totally new overall chapter for elektron…

there’s no hope for it’s original source code…so it has to be a complete new firmware from scratch…

it will have some dedicated, at least sort of analog, masterbus thing going on…
the days of the parts concept will be over…
the slot lists will be larger…
the ram will be larger…
the cv card will be gone…a big +drive will take over. instead…
and if they can’t “afford” a supersolid fast one, live streaming of files of any lenght will be done via a dedicated usb slot for fast enough usb sticks…like pioneers cd dj decks…

and 'til then, the old one, no matter if it’s mk 1 or 2, will do pretty fine anyways…
no need to rush…really…

4 Likes

another thing i would like to see is thru tracks that have audio and midi in the same place…
thru tracks are awesome but you have to jump between midi and audio…
being able to control a synth just like it was a analog four with scenes all in the same place would be amazing… maybe having 8 tracks but having them interchangeable with midi tracks would be enough?.. and the obvious newer fx and time-stretch note handling and newer style elektron workflow improvements etc…
The octatrack is still a beast as is, not discrediting it at all, just putting ideas out there for a new version like i would like to see… i do like the look of your design!

Exactly my thoughts and in the interest of the company and the already archived milestones they should keep up with the market. Competition is good, so don’t sleep :wink:

1 Like